Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Colds and stomach aches? :(

I have a stinking cold! No idea where I got it from, urgh! I've got mega bad sinus pain, sore throat, cough, you name it, it's here!

I just had a question though - I've been having a few stomach aches today, normally after I go to the loo. I've basically gone for a few large bm*s today (more than usual) and then I get a stomach ache afterwards. Any idea why this would be? I wondered if it was to do with mucus seeping in to my stomach perhaps?

Alternatively, I wondered if it's because I'm swallowing too much air. I know this sounds weird but I've had quite bad indigestion today and what I call 'frog noises' which are loud frog liek sounds that come from my chest and throat. I normally get them when I eat too much or something and I can tolerate them, but today they've just not gone! I wondered if this was a sign of me swallowing too much air and then upsetting my stomach?

Ideas would be appreciated - thank you! x

Default Re: Colds and stomach aches? :(

The stomach noises are usually as sign of excess air\gas just trying to escape from the stomach so I think you're right there as for the bm, they can be triggered, quite easily, by anxiety. Have you been feeling anxious about your other symptoms at all? Anxiety often causes bm in me & I know it happens a lot to others so that's the most likely cause! Hope you feel better soon! Sinus pain is horrible, breath in hot steam, always the best way to treat it!

Yeah theres some new cold virus going round which affects the stomach too. My daughter and i have it. Mine turned into a sinus infection. My daughter has been ill for 2 weeks. Ive also had the weird bowel sounds and lots of gas. Weirdest illness ive ever had.

fixxxer, seriously?! i totally didn't know that! maybe it's what i have but my stomach is FINALLY a little better today. yesterday i actually had d* but i went and spoke to the pharmacist because i'd had enough and he said it's very common for mucus to reach the stomach and upset it. who knew?! i hope your daughter feels better. my sinuses have been extremely painful too, sounds like we had the same thing!

jrc, thanks so much for your reply. i'm nto as anxious now i've spoken to the pharmacist. i normally don't because i worry they'll think i'm over reacting but i had just had enough! x