Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation It's going to happen :/

I know it. I've been feeling unwell all day & this isn't the anxiety. Exact same symptoms as I had last year when I had an sv. I'm going from freezing cold to boiling hot, my stomach is churning, I've got abdo cramping & can taste v*. I'm going to v* soon, I've accepted that now after battling the n* all day. This is going to be a long night. The strange thing is though, I'm not petrified! Scared, yes, but I almost want it to happen so that I'll feel better & that's not like me at all. 99% of the time I'll do anything I can to prevent v*. I dont know whats come over me but I feel like I'm maybe making a breakthrough or something? I'm quite proud actually! Saying that, it'll be a different story when it actually happens I bet! I'm shaking like a leaf where I'm so cold but as soon as I feel the urge to v* (although it hasn't happened yet) I suddenly get really hot. Is this normal or just another sign of my anxiety? Guess I'm just looking for a bit of support or someone to chat to as, for my parents, v* is just another every day thing that doesn't really bother them. So they've got me some water & tissues & have gone to bed! Lol, they don't really know about my emet though so I guess I can't be mad!

Default Re: It's going to happen :/

actually sounds like you're handling this pretty well .......for me it's the anxiety beforehand that is so scarey.....so since you seem to be pretty calm now that's a good sign

hope your night is uneventful........feel better
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hope you feel better, keep us updated

Hope your better. Have you guys noticed all the emets seem to be getting sick latley. Ugh i hope this isnt my year.

If you`ve got any anti-emets handy, you should take them, even powdered ginger can help a great deal. I`d do anything to avoid it in your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    Hope your better. Have you guys noticed all the emets seem to be getting sick latley. Ugh i hope this isnt my year.
    Actually, this is nothing new, so don't let it scare you or make you feel like you are jinxed, okay? Every year on this forum, there are many emets who fall victim to getting the sv* some v*, some do not. My point is, this year isn't any different than any other year, the sv* isn't here "early" this year, it's not any more prevelent than in any other years. Everyone here says this every year, and it's not true.

JRC did you end up getting sick?

Moved this to the Help and Support section. I think you'll find a bit more help here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by kristinak View Post
    Actually, this is nothing new, so don't let it scare you or make you feel like you are jinxed, okay? Every year on this forum, there are many emets who fall victim to getting the sv* some v*, some do not. My point is, this year isn't any different than any other year, the sv* isn't here "early" this year, it's not any more prevelent than in any other years. Everyone here says this every year, and it's not true.
    very true!!!!