Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy scared/suicide thoughts=[

Long story short. Ive been on prozac for about 2 years and have been living life awesomely. I never had to worry about V* I stopped taking it cause i kept forgetting. Now im miserable =[ Ive been taking it for about a week now again. I got sick last friday which triggered all this again. But i wont eat cause im scared to throw up..im losing control.....i need help

i wont actually hurt my self i just need someone to talk to =[ ughghu

Default Re: scared/suicide thoughts=[

First, I am very, very sorry you are feeling so bad. Second, PLEASE don't post a title like that! I understand you are trying to get someone to talk to, but when people post they are thinking about suicide or even having thoughts, it's scary to a lot of us. In fact, if someone I knew personally felt this way, in Florida, I would have them Baker Acted (comitted against their will), it is a very serious thing.
    Secondly, my sister was on Prozac off and on and had similar thoughts and feelings you are experiencing. It CAN be a side effect of the medication. PLEASE seek some professional help, like a suicide line. And if you are just saying you are having suicidal thoughts to get attention, don't do that either!
    Did you actually vomit last week? I remember reading, I think, that you dry heaved? Maybe I'm wrong. I am so sorry you are feeling down. Many people, myself included, can certainly relate.

Im sorry bout the title but its true. And with no one to talk to its hard. I did vomit last week. Last week friday like 2 times but alot each of the sessions. I wont actually do anything cause im scared, but how can i live like this forever? How long is it gonna take to get me better =[ im miserable.

Do you have a professional to talk too?

No =[ And its a weekend anyway so i cant call anyone =[

i did the same thing with my prozac a couple months ago........things had been going so well i thought i'd give it a chance.....but maybe because its now sv season.....emet came back with a vengance.........so i'm back on it again for a week now...just waiting for it to take full effect.

think i've learned my lesson and will stay on it now

hope you're doing better.....i know it's tough.....but you know it will get better than it is
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanRichards View Post
    No =[ And its a weekend anyway so i cant call anyone =[
    Theres always 24hr hotlines and doctors available. Any slightest thought of suicide or bodily harm should be reported asap. I see you live by me, hell you could even go to metro or spectrum hospital if need be. Sorry to be blunt but this shouldnt be taken lightly. My wife is bipolar and used to self injure until i helped her through it with tough love and support.
    Last edited by fixxxer2012; 12-03-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Unhappy Re: scared/suicide thoughts=[

idk but i dont think i could actually hurt myself. I just wanna feel better. Im miserable and have been for a week. I can barely eat or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanRichards View Post
    idk but i dont think i could actually hurt myself. I just wanna feel better. Im miserable and have been for a week. I can barely eat or anything.
    Theres only so much support you can get here. Might be time to seek out the real deal. You sound really depressed.

I actually don't think we are allowed to talk about suicide in this forums. DylanRichards, here are a list of helpline numbers. Someone who is trained will be able to help you, or you could go to the hospital as fixxxer2012 suggested.
    Girls & Boys Town National Hotline
    (800) 448-3000

International Suicide Hotlines

National Hopeline Network
    (800) SUICIDE

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    (800) 273-TALK (8255)

National Youth Crisis Hotline
    (800) 442-HOPE (4673)

Quote Originally Posted by Janelle View Post
    I actually don't think we are allowed to talk about suicide in this forums. DylanRichards, here are a list of helpline numbers. Someone who is trained will be able to help you, or you could go to the hospital as fixxxer2012 suggested.
    Girls & Boys Town National Hotline
    (800) 448-3000

International Suicide Hotlines

National Hopeline Network
    (800) SUICIDE

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    (800) 273-TALK (8255)

National Youth Crisis Hotline
    (800) 442-HOPE (4673)
    Ive been seeing alot of suicidal posts latley, its really disturbing to me. I might have to take a break from here for awhile.

I'm sorry you are disturbed by them. I would say avoid the Help and Support forums, but these types of posts seem to be coming into the general discussion areas too. Hopefully a mod comes on soon to clear things up for us because I remember Sage saying that there was a no-tolerance policy for suicide talk now.

Yeah suicide talk is not allowed as per the forum owner's direction. He probably has no choice...we aren't professionals and he could at least theoretically be the subject of a lawsuit if someone did end it all after we amaeteurs counseled him or her. Anxiety and phobias are acceptable venues for on the job training, suicide isn't. Sometimes I worry someone might not say anything to us and just go head and do it because I do believe many (not all) suicides could be prevented if the person contemplating it heard from just one person who actually cares just a little about them and their situation, but I do understand why that is the policy.

Didnt mean to piss anyone off. I wont do it again. Sorry about that.