Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Any other fears or phobias???

Do any of you have any other fears or phobias that you would like to share?

I have a fear of heights, probably not a phobia per say, but I hate being high up.
    I also have a fear of falling. I hate the feeling!
    I am really scared of ghosts and never want to see one! haha

Default Re: Any other fears or phobias???

Spiders and heights!

No other phobias but this. No panic disorders either.

I am beyond terrified of cockroaches to the point where I'll scream and jump and make someone kill them. A lot of phobias are pretty pointless though - I mean, what harm could an insect like that actually cause me? A: nothing.

I have a lot of phobias. Other than v* in any way, shape, or form I'm afraid of d*. I'm afraid having a medical emergency or seeing someone else have a medical emergency (because I'm pretty useless in emergency situations!) I fear my family members dying. I fear death in general. I fear my house starting on fire while I'm gone. I fear being ill in any way at work. I fear being ill in any way that would prevent me from work. The list goes on and on......I'm a mess
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I'm always scared of bugs, and especially flying ones. like bees or flying ants. the only bugs i can hold are strawberry beetles and tarantulas. im weird. haha

Quote Originally Posted by 1scareddj View Post
    I have a lot of phobias. Other than v* in any way, shape, or form I'm afraid of d*. I'm afraid having a medical emergency or seeing someone else have a medical emergency (because I'm pretty useless in emergency situations!) I fear my family members dying. I fear death in general. I fear my house starting on fire while I'm gone. I fear being ill in any way at work. I fear being ill in any way that would prevent me from work. The list goes on and on......I'm a mess
    Wow what a way to live im so sorry. Are you seeking treatment?

O.O you can actually hold tarantulas? haha i would die!!!
    i'm afraid of flying bugs the most too; stinkbugs most of all :P the only bugs that i dont mind are ants and spiders (not huge ones tho haha) and flies. :3 and sometimes ladybugs.
    i guess i sort of have agoraphobia too. when i was little i had epistaxiophobia, but not for too long.
    i just looked up phobias, and the phobia of long words is Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia. at least, thats what it says. :P it would be pretty hard to have a phobia that you had a phobia of the name of because it was long. that would be pretty unfortunate. :\
    my grandma kind of has Omphalophobia, lol its sort of unusual...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used to be afraid to drive on the highway. I would go WAY out of my way to avoid the highway, taking back roads everywhere. Then one day I just decided I was tired of my commute to work taking twice as long, and I got on the highway. It wasn't so bad ... And gradually over the next few days my fear went away. I now drive on the highway every day.

Driving. I hate driving. I'm nineteen and I still don't have my license because of it It makes it difficult to get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    Driving. I hate driving. I'm nineteen and I still don't have my license because of it It makes it difficult to get a job.
    I also dont like driving. It's scary being in control of a deadly object.. my parents forced me to get my license a little after my 18th birthday. i almost failed the driving test since i was so anxious... but i surprisingly passed and i still hate it. i dont have a car so that doesnt help.. it just all around sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    Wow what a way to live im so sorry. Are you seeking treatment?
    Oh yes. I'm in treatment. I'm getting better. Long ways to go, but I'm getting there
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Quote Originally Posted by JustHannah View Post
    I also dont like driving. It's scary being in control of a deadly object.. my parents forced me to get my license a little after my 18th birthday. i almost failed the driving test since i was so anxious... but i surprisingly passed and i still hate it. i dont have a car so that doesnt help.. it just all around sucks.
    I'm sorry that's how I feel too. It's so easy to lose control with a car especially in crappy weather. I HATE losing control, which is why I hate driving...and vomiting...

Quote Originally Posted by 1scareddj View Post
    Oh yes. I'm in treatment. I'm getting better. Long ways to go, but I'm getting there

good for you, i wish you well.

Blood, especially my own. If I nick myself shaving my legs it creeps my out. Thank god I no longer have periods!

Spiders make me jump, but I don't really freak out unless it's near me.

Water on my face freaks me out, my heart races every time I wash my face in the shower!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

heights i can go up but never go down i am scared of roller coasters and going upside down i freak out

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    Spiders make me jump, but I don't really freak out unless it's near me.

Water on my face freaks me out, my heart races every time I wash my face in the shower!
    I've never heard of that before! It's interesting. Are you able to go swimming??

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I've never heard of that before! It's interesting. Are you able to go swimming??
    Yeah, I love to swim, I just don't like the water in my face. If I need to go underwater I have to hold my nose or wear the goggles that cover the nose too. I guess it's more water near my nostrils than anything. It makes me feel like I can't breathe lol! I hate getting splashed though.

It's not like a panic attack or anything, just freaks me out!

You may find these links helpful!

Blood tests, needles, clausterphobia, dying, and heights
    Last edited by Theshadow; 12-07-2011 at 10:53 PM.

passing out/fainting, losing control while driving, getting put to sleep, anything that will cause me to lose control of my body.

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    Yeah, I love to swim, I just don't like the water in my face. If I need to go underwater I have to hold my nose or wear the goggles that cover the nose too. I guess it's more water near my nostrils than anything. It makes me feel like I can't breathe lol! I hate getting splashed though.
    I hate that too! I definitely cannot plunge into a pool without my nose plugged. Getting water up your nostrils is one of the most uncomfortable sensations in the world!!!

Driving over large bridges. I'm so scared I will lose control of the car and fly over the bridge. When I used to live in Florida there was a bridge on the toll road and it was a huge lake swarming with alligators! You could see the tops of their heads when you looked down....still shivering at the thought!
    I also get the heebeejeebees from vultures...yuck!

I'm kinda afraid of driving, like DeadxxInside92. I really don't want to learn. My mom's tried to teach me and every time I get behind the wheel I get really nervous.

I am afraid of heights, elevators, and cockroaches..OMG those things are so effing digusting! And I live where we have tons regardless eeek and we get HUGE ones...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol!

Other than being an emet, I'm deadly afraid that my twin-sister will be harmed in some way. I'm so scared that someone will hurt her in any way, that it consumes my life almost as much as my emet does. I'm constantly afraid that she'll have a horrible life. When she goes somewhere without me, I'm scared, cause I can't take care of her. When she is at a party, I ALWAYS pick her up, no questions, and drive her home. I would die for her, and my huge fear is that something will happen to her.

I'm not afraid of driving, though. I actually feel good and calm when driving, if I'm a bit scared I just get in the car and drive around, and it actually calms me down. Gives me something else to think about, if you know what I mean? :-)

I am terrified yet have an extreme fascination with sharks...does that count? haha

Drowning...may it never happen.
    Life is so worth living.

Heights, I'm claustrophobic, elevators, hospitals, roaches, spiders, and snakes. My fiancee is terrified of blood... so bad that he actually passes out at the sight of it... I told him be glad he wasn't born a woman! lol

@mela-
    I have the same fear about driving over freeway overpasses. I'm convinced that the tire will blow and I will go sailing over the side. Luckily, I don't have to deal with them often unless going downtown or to the airport. Never really had to drive over a bridge due to the lack of water here (Arizona) guess theres another benefit to living in the desert : )
    I'm also deathly afraid of d* cause I associate that with SV* and getting FP*.
    Something totally stupid and random-I hate those tall inflatable tube things that wave around, the ones some businesses put in front of their stores. For some reason, those things give me the heebie-jeebies!!