Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Having a bad day...

Warning: Rant post ahead. I just had a bad day and need to vent.

So anyhow. Today started out okay, although I've been pretty stressed out about my chemistry midterm, which is on Wednesday, which I feel really unprepared for. Anyhow.

I always get really anxious in my math class, but usually, I can forget about it and concentrate on the lesson. Not today. Math seemed to just drag by. I was extremely anxious to go to my next class, which I assumed would be a free class, as to prepare for the previously mentioned midterm. Not the case...

I get to chemistry, sit down, and my partner isn't there, so I'm sitting all alone. I notice one of the girls standing next to the garbage can... of course, I assume the worst. She's complaining loudly about how she's going to v*, and I immediately go into panic mode. At least I sit pretty far away from her, and so I didn't totally have a total meltdown.

So anyhow, she's complaining, and the teacher asks her why she doesn't go home, and her response? "I don't feel like it!" So she asks him to put the garbage can next to her, and he does, calmly, and begins the class, which wasn't a free block, but a full on note-taking lecture. She didn't actually v* during the class, which was a relief. But then, I come home, still super stressed out, and go on facebook, where the first thing that pops up is a picture of her v*ing. Really? WTF. Ugh. Bad day all-around.

Sorry for the total jumbled rant. Just needed to clear my thoughts.

Default Re: Having a bad day...

I'm sorry you had a bad day. I've had a crappy day/night also My finals are next week and I just have like no motivation to study for them right now. That would definitely set my anxiety off!! I would much rather students just stay home if they feel unwell...and a picture of her vomiting? What the fuck?? That's DISGUSTING!!! I hope your night gets better. Good luck on your chem midterm. Hang in there!

Thank you! I'm trying to study for chem, but it feels like I just have no motivation to do anything school-related... I hope your tomorrow is extra awesome to make up for your crappy today. Yeah, I wanted to scream at the teacher and at her! And everyone else in the room was so chill. Ugh. Good luck on your finals as well!

I'm glad you're trying to study so you should give yourself some credit cause studying is not easy!!! Thanks it is much appreciated!! I hope so as well. Thank you I hope we do really well!

I KNOW we will do well.

It's funny, whenever I feel totally unprepared for a test, but I at least studied a little bit, I do really well. If I haven't studied at all, I'll do bad. If I've studied, and feel 50-80% confident, I'll do bad. If I feel 110% super confident, I'll do good. Maybe I should just stop while I'm ahead. :P

I sure hope so!!!! I'm excited for winter break, yet at the same time, I am not haha. This phobia makes looking forward to the holidays difficult sometimes :/

Lucky!!!! Normally I have to study for at least a few hours to do 'decent' on an exam haha I am definitely not looking forward to my physical anthropology exam. That one is definitely going to be the hardest hands down!! I am sure you will do fine though