Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default pregnant with 4th child...and scared

I never vomited with my 3 previous childrens prenancies...but I'm soooo scared about this one. My last pregnancy was not smooth at all and I had about 5 anxiety attacks a day with my last child...I'm very scared and I don't want it to happen again...do you guys think since I didn't vomit with my other pregnancies that I will not with this one too?
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: pregnant with 4th child...and scared

That many panic attacks per day sounds so rough, but you should be truly proud of yourself for getting through it!! The end result is always so rewarding--though I do not have any personal experience, but I know plenty of women who have!! Unfortunately, it's hard to say if you will vomit with this pregnancy. It's always a possibility, but I would say it's less likely because you did not get sick with any of your previous pregnancies. I wish you the best of luck and happy, healthy baby!

I'm also pregnant with my fourth child. I'm a bit over 32 weeks and haven't v-d. I will say the n- was a bit worse with this one, but not unmanageable. You could always ask your dr for Zofran. I think most will prescribe that for pregnancy. I hear ya on the anxiety. This has been my toughest pregnancy yet as far as that goes. Doesn't help that I'm due in the dead of winter. Ugh! Hope we can both find a way to relax and enjoy! Congrats on the new little one!

I'm pregnant with my second and found my morning sickness was almost identical with both pregnancies. The nausea and its intensity were the same almost exactly to the day both times. The only difference is i vomited 3 times during my first pregnancy and only once this one. I think that's because I'm used to the feelings more this time. But I would say I felt just as awful both times!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine