Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Doxycycline = terror

...unfortunately, I just tested positive for Lyme, so now I have to take it for 21 days. (And since I've had the symptoms pretty bad for a long time, may end up experimenting with others IV! What fun.)

I'm terrified. I don't know how I'll do it. I have one friend who says that taking doxy within 2h of anything containing calcium (dairy, vitamins, Tums) will make me v*. I have another who has been on the stuff for years and apparently never had a bad day on it. Don't know which to believe + my doctor did say it was a great weight-loss drug. Which I don't need. Am struggling to hold on to as much weight as possible due to anxious tummy/lack of appetite.

Doc gave me Compazine, for which I give great thanks. I don't know how fast it kicks in, though, or how often to take it for continuous anti-emetic bliss. I also have ginger pills. I love ginger. And ginger ale.

And I am still scared.

Any calming thoughts?

Default Re: Doxycycline = terror

Eat with the antibiotic. I just got off the zpack and i never V but i am having a ibs flareup from them.

Default Re: Doxycycline = terror

I plan to, believe me. I normally have a couple of pieces of dry toast with anything that might upset my belly, to include my nightly pharmacy's worth of meds (stupid psych issues). I even try to have a bit of bread with Advil. Doc did say if I couldn't handle all three weeks that two would do, but I'm not one to accidentally create antibiotic-resistant strains of anything that might be lurking in my blood. So. 21 days. Very glad eating something with it will help. Thank you.