Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: It HAPPENED!

Red face It HAPPENED!

*This post may be graphic/triggering to some! If reading about v* triggers you please do not read this post.*
    Okay, so I think it's fair to say that I'm doing really well right now, despite the title of this post. Yes, it's happened it happened on Thursday for the first time in almost eleven years. It was terrifying at first, not going to lie, because it was at school. It's not a stomach virus, but I received my third concussion last Sunday night so the consequences haven't been nice. It happened at school and I rushed to the nurses office, and called my mom, and went to the doctor. I'm okay but I'm taking it easy.

When I was on the bus yesterday, some idiot knocked me on the head with his backpack (obviously, he didn't know I had a concussion so I'm not blaming him for that...) and then I proceeded to get sick a couple of times last night.

I feel so bad for worrying for all these years. It's not nearly as bad as I made it out to be! Honestly, it hurts, mostly in my throat because it's acid. But, otherwise, I felt a little better but I needed to brush my teeth obviously! I didn't even take Gravol, seriously! I've now vomited four times within the span of one week, which is weird, because before I'd only vomited twice in my life. That's not meant to be worrysome for you emets. I have a concussion, my third concussion, and after it happened on Thursday, I let go of trying to stop myself from v*ing because I realized that for me personally, it wasn't as bad.

So, I think I'm officially recovered, or I'd like to think I am. I'm okay, is the moral of the story. I'm alive, and not fearful for it to happen again. The worst part is it being gross. Not it being scary. I don't want to trigger anybody here. I apologize if this was too graphic.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask- that might sound weird. But I'm always curious about everything so I thought I'd add that in. I'm open to talking about it if you think you can benefit from it. :-) Funny to think this time last year I was petrified of leaving my own home.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone I think this is my Christmas blessing this year, to be honest!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: It HAPPENED!

Kailyn! That's awesome! Not that you're not well, but that you got sick and that you handled it so well! I'm so happy for you!
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow! You handled that incredibly well, you're definitely an inspiration. Hope you're feeling better!

I wish I was that brave about it wow I'm jealous lol that's awesome! Feel better

I`ve never had a concussion, & pray I never do, as I`ve seen some awful things on medical dramas.

I am so jealous of you it's not even funny, i mean it sucks you were hurt, but you are better now ! Congrats (::

you have done SO WELL!!!

Wow that's so brave! That's my goal, to be able to let myself be sick and not panic about it. Good job!!!!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I am also jealous! I hope that you are all better now, health and emet wise. You really are an inspiration! Thank you for posting this!

Congratulations well done this gives me hope that next time I get sick I don't find it as bad either

You are SUCH a star! I'm jealous too. I hope SO much that if I ever do vomit I can handle it like you have! Well done to you. What a nice way to end the year!
    (obviously not the concussion and feeling sick bit - but the handling it like a pro!)

Congrats on doing so well!! I've moved your post to Triumphs because it's really uplifting, and shows you overcame and survived!

You may find these links helpful!

This post made me feel beyond hopeful. Thank you.

There needs to be more posts like this.

Aww supergirl! Sorry to hear someone whacked your head, but you totally rock.
    Life is so worth living.

Wait, you hit your head on Sunday and threw up Thursday night? Did you have a CT? Head injuries aren't something to mess around with...

I love this post

Aw guys I'm really happy to hear that this is influential/uplifting. I'm honestly so happy that it's happened and I know that it's totally harmless and a 2 second thing (really, there's no time to panic). I was sick on Thursday because I'm an idiot who thought it would be okay to participate in gym four days after her third concussion- smart, right? Then it happened again today because someone on the bus hit me on the head AGAIN, fantastic, lol but it was totally okay, I got sick but I was surprisingly really calm... didn't take Gravol or Ativan.

I'm just so happy that my battle with emet is ending, because it took out so much of my valuable time. I spent months worrying, crying, and despising, and now it's all over. For those of you who aren't quite there yet, it WILL happen I PROMISE. It feels like it won't but it will, trust me, I thought this phobia would debilitate me forever but I'm better than I've EVER been.

I'm having a CT scan within the week, to be sure and cautious. I'm seeing a pediatrician about this all, my mom took me to the ER today because I was busing to school when this all happened and I was not feelin' school with a sore head and well you know, lol. I'm ok though and don't worry- the ER wasn't because of me puking it was simply because I had another knock on the head- I cannot catch a break...!

I'm thinking of starting an emet blog, an uplifting blog dedicated to all of us who are suffering/have been suffering through this rollercoaster we call emetophobia... does that sound like a good idea? I just really want to help everybody!!

thank you all because everyone here at IES has helped me get through this, calmed me down when I've been an erratic, anxious mess, among other things. thank you guys <3 xo

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

First off, I'm sorry you've been having so much trouble with your head! I hope you feel better soon!

Secondly, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for your Kailyn! I truly hope you can continue to live your life fear-free and stay positive about things.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

That's great to hear! I got sick about 3 years ago when I hadn't in about 11 years... I thought the same thing... it's not a big deal once you get it over with.. I was fine until a few months later, then my emet. came back with vengeance! but i'm confident you'll be fine! congrats!

thats great! when i vmted last year it made my emet worse!! your very lucky
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Congrats such a weird thing to say about V*, lol, but seriously it sounds like you did SO good. Im quite jealous to tell you the truth. I hope this ended the fear for you forever. And i hope your injuries get better

Good Luck!!