Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is it possible to have a "mild" sv??

The past few days I have not felt well. And I'm not anxious or worries about anything so that's not it.
    Warning of graphic details below!!!

Two nights ago my stomach hurt before bed. I fell asleep to let it go away. I woke up feeling ok but didn't have much of an appetite. Then later I started getting hungry so I ate a sandwich here at home. Right after I ate, my stomach hurt again. But no n, d, or v. We went to our local restaurant as we always do Wednesday nights. I did feel hungry before, so I ate normally, but again my stomach hurt afterwards. Not excrutiating but enough that I just wanted to go home and lie down. So I did. I was EXTREMELY gassy all night. I got nauseated a little later but it went away. I got hungry before bed and ate some saltines. It took the hunger away but made my stomach hurt again. Then today I woke up hungry. my son and I ate some cereal and I was ok.then had subway for lunch and was all right until about an hour later. Stomach cramps, and some loose stools. I wouldn't call it quite d* but it was loose. Maybe because I did take some pepto when I felt n last night.
    The reason I'm thinking its something viral and not my normal IBS is 1 It's lasting 3 days. Normally whatever I eat that bothers me doesn't stick around long. And 2 my son has had some nasty diapers the past few days. And frequent. Like 4 or 5 times a day which isn't normal for him anymore. Not since he was a baby. So I'm wondering if we both have something mild. Or we ate something that wasn't good? It wouldn't be a stretch because I'm with him all day and we eat the same foods. My husband works noon-9pm so I'm his primary caregiver.
    I'm not worried about it honestly. Just trying to figure out what's up

Default Re: Is it possible to have a "mild" sv??

Honestly, you probably just had a little stomach bug. V* and d* are a secondary response. Not everyone v* or has d* you could have one and not the other. I wouldn't be too worried because it sounds like you're at the end of the course.

Now I'm really thinking that's what it is. I sell Thirty-One and did a party at my friends house Sunday. All the people there brought their kids. There were like 14 of them running around, eating off the food trays etc. Well my friend got her order in today and I asked if she wanted me to help her sort it out. She said no because she has the stomach bug. Her daughter started vomiting Wednesday night, she slept in bed with her and then she vomited last night.
    My symptoms started Wednesday, although not anywhere close to being as severe. Could it be the same thing and it just affects everyone differently??

Zipity Duda,

To me, a mild stomach virus is one that doesn't involve any vomiting or worry about vomiting.

I suppose a normal person can call it a mild stomach virus if they only puke once.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by zipity View Post
    Now I'm really thinking that's what it is. I sell Thirty-One and did a party at my friends house Sunday. All the people there brought their kids. There were like 14 of them running around, eating off the food trays etc. Well my friend got her order in today and I asked if she wanted me to help her sort it out. She said no because she has the stomach bug. Her daughter started vomiting Wednesday night, she slept in bed with her and then she vomited last night.
    My symptoms started Wednesday, although not anywhere close to being as severe. Could it be the same thing and it just affects everyone differently??
    You could easily have what they have...a virus affects everyone differently. If your immune system is healthy you can fight it off better then someone's who isn't. I hope by now you are feeling better and just think every virus we are exposed to boosts our immune systems!