Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Oh god I'm worried I have it! :(

Please help! I am so sorry to post but for anyone who has read my other thread about the sv* where I work I hope you'll understand.

Today things seemed a little better (only one person off, yippee!) but now I'VE been feeling off.

At lunchtime, I took a walk to Tesco to buy some lunch. When I came out my head felt sort of light and thumped a little, like I was dehydrated (which does happens, I'm bad at drinking water). I walked back to the office, felt worse, sat at my desk. I then started shaking, my palms were sweating, my cheeks flushed, I felt really n* and dizzy with stomach pain. It eventually passed (everyone at work was amazing actually!).

But now, I'm sitting here. I ate a McDonalds for my tea and I feel very tired, stomach ache and gurgly noises. Please help. I have a Christmas party tomorrow with work and it's the first one I've been able to face. I want to enjoy myself!

Love xx

Default Re: Oh god I'm worried I have it! :(

I get gurgly noises almost every time I eat. Never has it been a sign of v* or any other type of illness. It was simply my food digesting. I have stomach problems to begin with and everything I eat takes hours upon hours to digest and most of the time the gugly noises are from gas traveling through my digestive tract.

The only thing I do when i have an upset stomach is put one of my favorite movies on and relax and let it pass. It's just to keep my mind from wandering and wondering about the what if's and worst case scenarios which is what I do ALL THE TIME. I often worry myself sick.

I hope you feel better by now and I hope my advice works! I normally pick a cheesy romantic movie and then daydream about how I will meet my Mr. Right haha.

Good luck and feel better soon!

It could be your anxiety taking over. Try a hot bath or shower, eat something very light and bland, watch a funny movie, deink some hot tea (ginger tea preferably), take some probiotics and try to relax!

Okay so I got through yesterday and just made a massive mistake.

A girl at work has been quiet recently. Asked if she was ok, reassuring sort of hug and she started crying. Apparently she thinks she has the bug going round work! When I asked though she's been feeling unwell for at least 2 days.

I try to be nice to someone and karma or whatever does this! Please help ASAP am at Xmas party tonight!

Don't freak out just yet! You didn't come in direct contact with v* or d* and she said she hasn't been feeling well for a few days. Has she been v* or had d*? There are so many reasons to why people don't feel well. My guess is that she doesn't have a sv* if she is still at work.

sorry about late reply... she hasn't been v* or d* and was at the work xmas do.

i'm still freaked. a massive party in a little space has worried me and i feel n*. urgh i'm sorry.

Just try to relax. Ill be freaking out this next week. My best friend/roommate's kid got a sv* last night and my rookie is now over there tonight and she will be using my vehicle all weekend after being in the disease infested house. But I know that as long as I take my precautionary measures, I won't be affected. All I do is keep thinking positive! I know you can beat these next few days! Keep me posted!

Ahh thank you for your support! It's so lovely you want me to keep you posted.

So today I'm struggling - I went to the Xmas party with work and had an amazing time. I didn't eat anything to stay safe but did smoke a bit more than usual!

I'm now sitting here really quite n* especially in my throat and stomach pains. I keep having gurgles like I might get d*. I've also had too many bowel movements today compared to what I usually do. Ideas? So scared this is the start.

I've been checking Facebook though and the virus doesn't seem like it's spread elsewhere... not yet anyway.