Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT: Just Got My First Tattoo!

I'm so excited! It didn't hurt much like I thought it would, just like teeny kitty scratches. I've been wanting one for over 10 years, and I've had this design in mind for just over a year now. I know lots of people on here have tattoos, and I'm just so excited I had to share!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: OT: Just Got My First Tattoo!

Ohh it looks nice! Congratulations! I finished up a half sleeve a few months ago and I like the way you describe the pain haha. It in fact DOES feel like teeny kitten scratches. OVER AND OVER haha.

Once again, it looks great and congrats!

Thank you thank you! I'm so pumped haha! What does your half sleeve look like?

If I knew how to upload pictures onto my profile you'd be able to look at it. It has the outline of the island of Guam with my daughters hand and foot print in it. At opposite ends of the island there is a hibiscus flower and opposite end is a plumeria. In the middle of the island is her name and also around the west side of my tattoo i have the quote "Never Shall I Leave You, Never Shall I Forsake you". and there's other stuff with it. How did you get a profile picture if you don't mind me asking?

That sounds wicked awesome, I'd love to see it!

As far as the pic, do you mean my avatar that shows on every post or how I posted the pic in my first post of this thread?

For an avatar, you go to User CP up top, and then Edit Avatar.

For the image in a post, upload the picture somewhere like photobucket or facebook or anywhere else online. Right click that image and select the Copy Image Location option. Then paste it inside img tags like so:

[img]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmjyugHdxi1qi4ucgo1_500.jpg[/img]

It'll show whatever image you place between those img tags, like this.

It looks great! So adorable. Where did you get it on your body? I got one on my shoulder a few years ago, and it definitely felt like kitty scratches haha! I got one on top of my foot on Saturday though, and that one felt a bit more like kitty digging her claws deep, deep into my skin :P
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Mine is right on my upper back, along the spine. It's just low enough to be covered by a t shirt.

it's really lovely........be careful......tattoos are addicting lol
    how i feel about emet

Funny enough Bonnie I saw the monkey before the cat and was like "oh gawd, she didn't!" Darn page scrolling down by itself. It's a cute little thing though, kickin'!
    Life is so worth living.

Quote Originally Posted by olschesky View Post
    it's really lovely........be careful......tattoos are addicting lol
    So I've heard!! I'm on the fence. I won't get another one unless I feel it's something super meaningful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sdfl View Post
    Funny enough Bonnie I saw the monkey before the cat and was like "oh gawd, she didn't!" Darn page scrolling down by itself. It's a cute little thing though, kickin'!
    I love that for a fleeting moment you thought that I'd get an adorable monkey tattoo hahaha! And thank you! The girl who designed it, Koomie, does a lot of other cute little tattoos. The tattoo artist, Rachel, is also insanely stellar. Her gallery is nuts!

i want a tattoo when i'm older. :3 the only problem is, my mom says that it's hard to get a job when you have tattoos that are showing no matter what you're wearing, like on your arms or neck or whatever. and i can't have that since i'm either going to be a band director or in the cleveland orchestra if i'm good enough (which i wont be LOL) so i doubt they'd appreciate me having tattoos there. and i wouldn't want a tattoo where no one could see it, like on my stomach or back or something, because then what would be the point in having it?
    my mom has one of a spider. shes terrified of spiders and she hoped having one on her back would help her get over her fear. it didnt lol
    i'd get... hmm... maybe a peace sign. or if i got a tattoo after i was older and married and stuff, i like those tattoos that are the names of your husband and kids. they're so sweet. <3

Quote Originally Posted by katherines6 View Post
    i want a tattoo when i'm older. :3 the only problem is, my mom says that it's hard to get a job when you have tattoos that are showing no matter what you're wearing, like on your arms or neck or whatever.
    I got my tattoos so they don't show, unless I wear flip flops or something backless. I have mine on my shoulderblade and the top of my foot. I figure they're for you, right? And they do show when I want them to, they're just easy to cover. If you have long hair, back of the neck is easy too, and then just put your hair up when you want it to show!

Many options

haha to the long hair part: i have an ultrashort pixi cut! lol

I am dying to get a tattoo but I'm scared it'll be too sore which in turn will make me feel ill an panic :P I'm going to brave it soon though and get the word 'Allons-y' on my left wrist. It means 'Let's go' in French and the 10th Doctor in Doctor Who says it a lot. My mum thinks its a stupid idea to get something from a TV show cos apparently I'll grow out of it but it really means something to me. The whole concept of Doctor Who is that nothing is impossible and there is so much amazing stuff out there yoou just have to take a chance and go for it, and when the Doctor says 'Allons-y' that's when you go. It's kind of like trying to get over this phobia, I just have to take that chance and run off with that odd man in a blue box and have the most amazing time. And I do realize that to anyone who doesn't watch Doctor Who I now sound completely mental :P
    Be extraordinary!

Quote Originally Posted by Allons-yJay View Post
    I am dying to get a tattoo but I'm scared it'll be too sore which in turn will make me feel ill an panic :P I'm going to brave it soon though and get the word 'Allons-y' on my left wrist. It means 'Let's go' in French and the 10th Doctor in Doctor Who says it a lot. My mum thinks its a stupid idea to get something from a TV show cos apparently I'll grow out of it but it really means something to me. The whole concept of Doctor Who is that nothing is impossible and there is so much amazing stuff out there yoou just have to take a chance and go for it, and when the Doctor says 'Allons-y' that's when you go. It's kind of like trying to get over this phobia, I just have to take that chance and run off with that odd man in a blue box and have the most amazing time. And I do realize that to anyone who doesn't watch Doctor Who I now sound completely mental :P
    I love Doctor Who!! Allons-y would be a perfect tattoo I think, because Who fans would understand it, and non Who fans can still appreciate the meaning. As a side note, do you remember when the 10th Doctor said he wanted to meet a guy named Alonzo so he could say "Allons-y Alonzo," to him? In Tennant's last episode as he was saying goodbye to everyone he handed Captain Jack a note that told him the stud's name beside him was Alonzo. Sort of silly fun trivia. Whenever I hear Allons-y I think of that.

Congrats! It is super cute and so much fun! They are super addictive though (like piercings)... I have 2 and am contemplating adding to them.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

That is lovely I have always wanted a tattoo, but unfortunately, it scares me that it would be branded on my skin for the duration of my entire life. I have deeply considered getting this tattooed in between my shoulder blades.

or this which is the same symbol--wolf and the raven
    there is a lot of symbolism behind it which is why I like it so much. I will most likely be getting it once I can afford it.

Barbie: It is addictive! I don't want to get any more unless I've had the idea in my mind for a long time so it'll be a while.

DeadInside: Those are gorgeous!! I love tribals, and absolutely love animals

Thanks! I love tribal tattoos as well and wolves are one of my favorite animals

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    Barbie: It is addictive! I don't want to get any more unless I've had the idea in my mind for a long time so it'll be a while.
    That is what I said when I got my first tattoo... Same with my first non-earlobe piercing, lol.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

I definitely want more tattoos. The only way to hide mine is to wear a long sleeve tshirt. My octopus shows more often since its on my chest/collarbone area. I like that it shows too I wouldn't want to hide my precious skin.

I'm getting my first when I go to New Zealand in January.

I'm getting a smallish one, it's going to be about 6cm long and either on my wrist or just below my collarbone:

There's a long and boring story about why I want that, and why I'll be adding to it with a quill pen, but its just that, long and boring, so I'll save it :P
    Come visit my history blog:

That is really really pretty! Did you draw it yourself?

I love the key! It's beautiful! Just a note of warning, if you're going only 6 cm they might not be able to put all the detail in (as its incredibly detailed and beautiful). It depends on your artist. But I've had artists tell me that my tattoos are so detailed that I either have to go big or sacrifice some of the detail

I have 2. One is of a cartoon baby dragon that I got about 12 years ago and 1 that I just got a few months ago. It goes from my wrist to my elbow. It's a quote that I had him do in a reddish purple-ish scripty font that reads:

Faith is the substance of things hoped for,
    the evidence of things not seen.

I will definitely get more.

I got my first tattoo yesterday! Its my daughter's name on my wrist. Question...how long does it stay red? I'm paranoid of infection.

Quote Originally Posted by girl24 View Post
    I got my first tattoo yesterday! Its my daughter's name on my wrist. Question...how long does it stay red? I'm paranoid of infection.
    Mine was red for a few days. Just make sure to keep using Bacitracin a few times a day and you shouldn't get an infection I put Bacitracin on mine whenever it felt dry or itchy, about 5 times a day for the first week or so.

All this talk about tattoos makes me wish I was 18 already

Quote Originally Posted by girl24 View Post
    Asianeko is right! Also, if it feels slimy, don't worry. It's just oozing plasma, just keep cleaning it!

I have seven tattoos already and I really want to get more. I stopped getting them done about 5 years ago as I realised that some of them I didn't love (not as much as you should love something thats permently on your body anyways) and I was just getting them because I liked getting tattoos.

I've put a lot of thought into what new tattoos I'd like and I've decided that as I'm getting married next year, I'm going to have my soon to be maiden name tattooed discreetly somewhere, as I plan to change my name and feel this will be a nice way of honoring my family.