Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ughhhhhh:(

Default Ughhhhhh:(

This is kind of a rant I'm about to go on I don't need answers but opinions would be nice. The past few days I've just felt off, and today was the worst yet. Last night I had my final term paper to write, and it ended up taking longer than I thought, so I made a huge cup of coffee around midnight. After I drank it I sort of got a stomachache, but kept working anyway and just took a Tums and tried not to think much of it. I finished the paper and fell asleep around 6 AM and had to get up at 7 AM for class. That being said, I was obviously exhausted, so I made another cup of coffee. I couldn't help but realize I felt a little nauseous as I was getting ready, but it was like that feeling you get from too much caffeine. I drank my other coffee anyway, like an idiot, and have been nauseous and feeling sick all day. I'm going crazy, thinking I've come down with an sv* and that it's only a matter of time until I v*, but then another part of me is like ok you're not getting an sv* you would've been sick already. I also started a new birth control recently, so that might have a lot to do with nausea and upset stomach. The upset stomach feels like a pulled muscle in my back? I don't know how to explain it.. but yeah. I just had to type this all out. If anyone would like to give me their input maybe share similar experiences or words of reassurance that would be great! If not it's okay lol just a little venting session

Default Re: Ughhhhhh:(

Oh my I know that every single time I drink coffee I get nauseous and it upsets my bm*s. Even if I drink the coffee at 8 am, I'll still be nauseous well into 4 or 5 pm! (why I still drink it is beyond me :P) but anyways, that could definitely be what's upsetting your stomach, that plus lack of sleep and new birth control is enough to throw your stomach for a whirl. have a mint and make sure to get plenty of sleep tonight, I hope you feel better in the morning

I started a new birth control a couple of months ago. I use to drink coffee regularly. As soon as my body got use to my birth control coffee would make me nauseous and I would get a really bad headache. Both of these would last for 3 days after drinking 1 cup of coffee. So I just cut it out of my diet completely. I drink ginger ale now and it helps with my stomach a lot!!

I think you definitely overdid it on the caffeine! I feel your pain though. One day in summer, I pulled an all-nighter and left at 7am to spend the day taking care of my grandma. I had a huge Starbucks energy double shot frappuccino beverage. I downed it before I left and I felt like shit all day and so nauseated and just awful. I was using every ounce of willpower to prevent myself from vomiting. I had the biggest panic attack because I knew it was going to happen and it did later that night. (Could be because I took oxy--as I had never taken it before). Anyways, I think it was a combination of exhaustion, lack of sleep and caffeine consumption + the oxy of course ha. I hope you feel better! Just really try to limit your caffeine intake, especially if you're not getting enough sleep. Just try and make time for adequate sleep. I am sure you know it's so important; just a friendly reminder

I actually came home and passed out? LIke I don't even remember falling asleep that's how tired I am hahah but I woke up now feeling a lot better thank you for your answers guys!!

Well I'm glad you're feeling better!