Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Gas in throat

Default Gas in throat

Hey guys,

I felt a little odd this morning but went to work anyway. I had my friend get me food from the dining hall, and I ate mashed potatos, pasta with sauce and cheese, some ice cream, and some baked goods. After that, I started getting more throat gurgles than usual, and I felt a bit nauseous like with acid reflux. I'm also getting more air bubble coming up my throat, not gurgles (if you know what I mean?). I thought I might be hungry so when I got home I ate some chinese food, but it hasn't stopped. I'm going out with my friend now, but I'm really worried as I don't remember this happening to me before. Is this a sign of a virus?
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Default Re: Gas in throat

I don't think it's anything to do with a virus, more of gas really. That happens to me sometimes, it's crazy when they're super loud! Fun conversation pieces :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If its what I'm thinking of, I get that when I'm REALLY hungry. It literally sounds like the fizz from a soda coming up my throat. Lol And sometimes it almost hurts. Whenever I eat, it goes away.

But it doesn't sound like a virus. I wouldn't worry.

I'm a little more worried now. I went to the bar and took pepto, and was hungry so I ate a few nachos. The pepto didn't help! It just got worse. Now I feel kinda nauseous and my mouth is watering, and it also feels like heartburn and gas at the same time. I don't know what to do to stop it since the pepto didn't work, and I'm terrified!

Do NOT be scared! I get like this allllll of the time. You're going to be fine, I promise. Maybe stop eating foods that cause acid such as sauce and the nachos. Acid reflux is a crazy thing and can make you feel all kinds of different feelings. Your anxiety will make it worse as well. Theres nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I was thinking about it and I have been eating worse than I usually do these past few days. So maybe it is just that. I'm just freaking out because my stomach is so swollen and tender as well...ugh. Sipping on ginger tea and hoping it goes away. I think I' worried cause this is similar to what happened when I had noro last time, and it doesn't really happen to me. Like, this has been happening for about 9 hours!

Seriously this is the same thing that happened to me! Ive had this feeling in my throat for the past week and I'm currently having an anxiety attack because of it. But I know I'll be okay. My stomach is also swollen and tender, but it's probably just gas. That comes along with the nachos =p

Okay The throat stuff has kind of slowed as I'm lying down, but stomach is still bloated. I wish it would just stop. I usually don't get trapped gas

I would definitely think all the junk you consumed today has something to do with it!! Did the pasta come with marinara sauce? Anything with tomato will certainly cause acid reflux as will milk based products, especially ice cream. Trust me, the biggest mistake you can make while already experiencing heartburn is to pile more unhealthy food on top of it, i.e chinese food and nachos!! Yikes!! :P My gastroenterologist just gave me a pamphlet with a plethora of foods to avoid if you have GERD. I would alter your diet a bit for a week or so. Feel better

Once you fall asleep you'll wake up feeling fine. I feel like you do every night, it's nothing big I promise

Thanks Yeah I think I ate a bunch of things that caused this. Milk, tomato sauce, chinese, nachos...now it's pretty much just a sore, bloated stomach. I might try to sleep but I'm worried still...I just want it to pass and I would feel much better! I can't burp though lol

If I were you, I would try and sleep propped up a bit. It just helps control the reflux. Going to sleep is definitely a good idea It will pass sooner than you know it!!! Haha I can relate...I always pound my chest like King Kong trying to burp (I look like a freak I'm sure lol) but it unfortunately does not work...do you have Gas X on hand?

I do, do you think that would help? I'm not sure why it isn't going...erm...out the other end like usual. It's a bit strange.

Definitely. I swear by that stuff. I went to the hospital this past summer and when they took an x-ray of my stomach, the ER doc told me I had A LOT of trapped gas in my system and recommended Gas X. I picked it up at the pharmacy and boom, it worked in like a matter of minutes.

Ok, just took one. They taste good! Crossing my fingers.

Good luck!

It's starting to work! Woohoo! Still some pain but much less bloating

Awesome!