Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Doesn't the rest of the society need to bear some responsibility and to
    show consideration for us who suffer from an extreme fear of v*?

What about a campaign that encourage people to pay more attention to hygiene regarding food?

If you are handicapped and can't walk, and are going to a restaurant,
    there's almost always something that's been made easier so that
    handicapped/disabled people can also eat at the restaurant.

But what about emetophobes?

How can we be sure that the food is OK and there's no noro-viruses in it and it has been made under proper hygiene?

There's actually somebody out here that doesn't only don't like to be
    sick, but are going in a CONSTANT FEAR of getting sick, crying and
    struggling to get control, when they v*.

What about them (us)?

I think we need a campaign that encourage people to:

1. Wash their hands properly WITH SOAP after visiting toilets and before preparing food.

2. Never touch a fork or a knife where it is supposed to touch any
    food. I've seen several knives with finger prints on them. It's so
    disgusting. There could be bacteries and virus particles there.

I don't care about everything else regarding hygiene, just make sure
    that everything that is directly or indirectly touching something that
    I put into my mouth is TOTALLY CLEAN.

These are just simple guidelines. It's not a big task, is it? Can it really be that hard to obey for non-emetophobes?

I want to add to your list and even though this is kind of the topic of your list of demands. I feel that there should be warnings on TV shows when there is going to be an scene with v*.

I have seen many warnings about graphic contents that may be upsetting to viewers but anyone on TV can heave whenever they want to. So blood and guts is offensive but not v*. That drives me insane!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>

I'd just like to say I was really impressed because there was this TV show on Channel 4 and before each one it said "Warning this show contains scenes of nudity and projectile V*" ......btw it was a detox thingy not anything kinky LOL but it impressed me. There are campaigns and adverts and things to tell people to BBQ properly, but people don't listen and they don't care like we do LOL
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

yeah it amazes me as some people just really arent bothered!!!

yes - i agree ref the TV/FILM idea - they should have a warning - but then i guess where does it stop...

this film show a small spider, feather - some cotton wool blah blah blah. maybe the unexpected v* scenes might do us good in the end....

ems x

Quote Originally Posted by ejb199

this film show a small spider, feather - some cotton wool blah blah blah. maybe the unexpected v* scenes might do us good in the end....

ems x

Good point.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

I do a lot better with v* scenes if I know they are coming. I had no problem with Super Size Me, though I did turn my head.

But was traumatized by the scene in Rules of Attraction. I played that scene in my head for days, all of the time. It was horrible.

Maybe it would lead to outrageous demands (spider warnings, etc.) but I equate v* with blood seeing as that they are naturally expelled from the body and would both be considered bodily fluids. If they can warn about blood they can warn about v*. It is considered a part of the gore category by most movie standards.

<font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>