Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OMG!! So many people SICK!!!

So a Facebook friend of mine posted that her son started a "flu train" on Thanksgiving and now ELEVEN of her guests at thanksgiving have been sick!!!!! ELEVEN!!!! And she's been sick since Sunday. Eleven in less than a week. And her Dad works with my husband but they don't work the same shifts and my husband said he hasn't seen him since then but of course I'm worried he touched something and my husband touched something and now he's going to get it. Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Default Re: OMG!! So many people SICK!!!

Like, SV or the normal flu? It's easy to spread around the holidays because everyone is just sitting around and eating the food that is placed all around them. They never think about washing their hands.

We don't make that mistake!

I have to agree...maybe they have the flu not a sv* unless they are super unclean at their house it would be hard for ervyone to get sick...but the flu I can totally see spreading it so easily...my hubby went to a Super Bowl party last year that one person was just getting over it...well everyone ended up with the flu it took 3 weeks for the hubby to fully get over it...stupid illnesses!

What drives me mad is that people use the word flu all wrong!! The flu is mostly respitory (sp?). Not an sv*... maybe everyone is sick with bad colds?? My sis n law told me bronchitis and pneumonia are going around like mad....Id rather hear that over a sv* anyday!

Quote Originally Posted by ren2005 View Post
    What drives me mad is that people use the word flu all wrong!! The flu is mostly respitory (sp?). Not an sv*... maybe everyone is sick with bad colds?? My sis n law told me bronchitis and pneumonia are going around like mad....Id rather hear that over a sv* anyday!
    Ughhhhhhh I so agree!!!!!!!! I don't know where you all are at but here in NV the flu is bad bad bad, along with step and bronchitis and pneumonia...I now both of my kids have dry coughs and runny nose only one has a fever praying they dont get worse or share!

I agree with both of you. I had the flu a few weeks ago and I was feeling crappy until last week. But I would rather have the flu for a month than v* once!

Nope. It's the sv. She just calls it "the flu". I asked. The regular flu doesn't freak me out. I'm the crazy chick that will flat out ask "what kind of flu? Regular or stomach?" Lol everyone must think I'm nuts.

I do the same thing and ask too!!!!! Now the big question is how are they THAT unsanitary?!?!?!?? That's quite gross!

And she has been suck since Sunday?!?! Maybe everyone got food poisoning?!?!? That's a long time to have a sv*....

Her friends are all commenting on it and I guess her neighbor said "its made its way across the street and how her daughter has it now" I think it really is a sv. But yeah how did they all get it??? Do they not wash their hands?? I'm wondering maybe if she prepared some of the food and didn't wash her hands and contaminated everyone?

Ew...that could have easily happened. If her son was sick on Thanksgiving, and she was preparing food..thats just not good.

That is soo gross. I do the same thing about "Regular or stomach" haha. People need to be more clear!

She must have let her sick son help make food. And who would even have people over for Thanksgiving dinner at their house if their son had an SV? That's just messed up

Ewwwwww how just so unbelievablly rude and disrespectful! But people do it my brother and sister in law had a sick 3 year old 2 thanksgivings ago (sick with a sv*) and they still we t to thanksgiving dinner we chose not to attended and the crazy sister in law started SO much drama!!!!! We still do not talk to them................
    There still maybe a chance it's the flu cause the fly can cause some sv* symptoms last year when I had it I was n* for 2 days it sucked!!!!! And it's sad regardless what illness that she allowed people into her home after her son being so sick...and ughhhhhhh I'm sorry that's what I gave to say lol!

AGREED!!!! Bring on the coughing, sneezing, fever... i can handle all of that... vomming... not so much. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Mowilson View Post
    I agree with both of you. I had the flu a few weeks ago and I was feeling crappy until last week. But I would rather have the flu for a month than v* once!

i always worry about close gatherings... esp family ones!! i love my family sooo much, but it def brings me a lot of anxitey... all of the dirty little kids with their dirty little fingers... and everyone knows that its usually family that passes this crap around... theres just no winning.

My immediate family is very close, and thankfully has no young children. I love kids but sometimes when i see them, I just see germ incubators

If 11 people are sick from that meal its clearly food poisning.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    If 11 people are sick from that meal its clearly food poisning.
    but most cases of fp are actually noro. There's no way to tell without going to the doctor and having them test. Whatever it is, it's awful! This is why I was SO scared to go to Thanksgiving this year at my bf's firestation. I did and I survived, but if I had read this first, I probably wouldn't have gone. Scary!

Ive heard noro was hitting hard already.i hate this time of year.

Ive heard noro was hitting hard already.i hate this time of year.

It is here i heard of 3 more people having it today. I'm not stressing though my kids have already had it, but the nurses office at the school has been full the last 2 weeks cause of it.

Theres some nasty stuff going round pretty early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiebear View Post
    It is here i heard of 3 more people having it today. I'm not stressing though my kids have already had it, but the nurses office at the school has been full the last 2 weeks cause of it.
    Not to scare you but even though they had it they can catch it again after 90 days or so. I know as back in 2009 my daughter and i had it twice. I wish it were summer already.

Well just because it's summer wouldn't mean that norovirus would reach an end. It's always around, but for whatever reason it's broadcasted so much more in fall/winter months. I had one in July. I actually think it would be more prevalent in the summer months because of physical contact in pools, changing rooms, BBQs', etc but that is just my opinion so take that with a grain of salt lol

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    Well just because it's summer wouldn't mean that norovirus would reach an end. It's always around, but for whatever reason it's broadcasted so much more in fall/winter months. I had one in July. I actually think it would be more prevalent in the summer months because of physical contact in pools, changing rooms, BBQs', etc but that is just my opinion so take that with a grain of salt lol

we have never had a sv in the summer.

Consider yourself lucky!! haha

norovirus can be a food borne illness. so basically, it's probably that.

I agree!!! 4 fo the 5 sv* my son has had have been between April & August!!!! SV* are ALL year round you hear about it more during these months because people feel that even though they are sick they need to go to work still and/or xmas shop and attend functions...but there is always a sv* going around in the summer....and FIxxer where did you hear they can catch noro again in 90 days? YOu develop a immunity to the strain going around at the time so YES if another strain surfaces they can contract it but I have never read that you just lose all immunity at the 90 day mark...

I had one in the summer. It's not unheard of at all. In fact, I can remember many of my friends having it over summer vacation. My mom's had it and sister too!

Yeah it went around my work this past July. I was spared, thankfully

At summer camp one year the entire camp got the sv...luckily I was like one of 3 people who didn't catch it!