Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It's literally chasing me. Please guys I'm so petrified.

The virus that was in the team next door last week is now in
    My team and I'm not coping one bit.

Basically a girl had it last week who was in the team next door. As far as im aware, she didn't v but had cramps and terrible n for about two days. Other people who had it did v*.

Now her mum was off today who works in my team. She had been v* and started last night.

I'm so confused - her daughter was ill tuesday and Wednesday last week and her mum only just have it??? Plus just last week the mum was saying how she never catches the sv*!!

I have bad stomach aches, n*, back aches, wind, and headache. Please I can't cope and I know it's inevitable I'm going to get it

Default Re: It's literally chasing me. Please guys I'm so petrified.

Just keep washing your hands well with warm water and soap for 20+ seconds. between your fingers and under nails and up wrists!! dont touch your face or mouth and sleep well.

Thanks for your help.

Only problem is is that our toilets aren't the most hygienic. They're clean of course but what I mean is I have to open two doors with handles after I've used it. Plus what bout when I eat lunch?

My kids doctor said soo far this season there is a nasty sv and mono going around. Worst they have seen in years. My advice to you is too wash your hands alot. Found out both my daughter and i have mono.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    My kids doctor said soo far this season there is a nasty sv and mono going around. Worst they have seen in years. My advice to you is too wash your hands alot. Found out both my daughter and i have mono.
    EVERY year dr's say this crap! Not to mention why would you post that? People on here struggle enough as it is day to day worrying about a sv* and you say your dr says its the worst in years?!?!?!?! That will set people in more panic!!!!! Plain and simple if you take care of your body your body will take care if you, so even if it is "the worst in years" doesn't mean it will be bad for some people...so many people live so unhealthy and that is why our country just keeps staying unhealthy and these viruses aren't getting worse peoples immune systems keep getting worse with all the junk they put into them!

Urgh that kind of has sent me in to a panic. This might be the year I v*. God. This is controlling me.

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    EVERY year dr's say this crap! Not to mention why would you post that? People on here struggle enough as it is day to day worrying about a sv* and you say your dr says its the worst in years?!?!?!?! That will set people in more panic!!!!! Plain and simple if you take care of your body your body will take care if you, so even if it is "the worst in years" doesn't mean it will be bad for some people...so many people live so unhealthy and that is why our country just keeps staying unhealthy and these viruses aren't getting worse peoples immune systems keep getting worse with all the junk they put into them!
    You are right, they do say this every year, everyone does, they all just never wash their hands and touch their mouths etc. We just have to be really cautious every year, no year is worse than the next its just all how people talk about it. Im having aweful anxiety today. So i totally understand.

watch how you say things on here, i know you want to be honest, but you are not helping some who are not ready to be blunt about this yet. sending people into a panic is only going to make their condition worse. use these words with yourself if youre ready for it.

I have just been so stupid.

The lady who was just v* came back to work today and is fine. Basically I took some money of her, then sanitised my hands with boots anti viral sanitised then ate two jelly babies. I have literally been expoSed haven't I?? I ate the jelly babies immediately after I sanitised so now I'm thinking I didn't wait long enough.

What are my chances? What can I do? I'm panicking so bad. Is she still contagious? Would she definitely have had the same virus as her daughter? Please please please help.

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    I was going to say the same thing about doctors always saying this. Last year, my bf's family doctor actually said the strain of it was so bad that they had to prescribe antibiotics to get rid of it? WTF?? It is a VIRUS. What kind of medical doctor doesn't know the basic stuff about bacteria v. viral? Same doctor who told them all to just take some crappy over-the-counter probiotic. I pretty much lost faith in her after that. Guys, don't let that scare you. This is the SAME virus with the SAME intensity that has been around since the beginning of time. Now, we just have news, social media, more ways to get the word out about people being sick, so we hear about it more.

It does seem to be like everyone is just talking about it at the moment. It doesn't help, lol!

I've now got a stomach ache. The only thing I'm kind of feeling better about is the fact that the lady at work said she'd eaten something different from her chinese on Sunday night. She just kept talkign about d* but not necessarily sure if she v*. So confused.

Okay I'm panicking. Stomach aches are getting worse with intensity. I feel really n* so have taken a Phenergan. I hiccuped earlier and some sort warm sensation came up my throat... is this acid maybe? Petrified.

Sounds like reflux...anxiety can make reflux come on or worse...try some probiotics they will help immensely!!

You ladies need to settle down. I didnt say anything wrong. You know as well as i do its going around. Id rather get a sv than suffer with mono like i have the past 3 weeks.

well there are some people one here that would rather die than get it, becuase they are not currently as calm about it as you.

You ladies need to settle down. I didnt say anything wrong. You know as well as i do its going around. Id rather get a sv than suffer with mono like i have the past 3 weeks.
    And you say things in such a harsh way with unsupported facts...a lot of things you say can spin people into a downward spiral! I get we are all here to help one another but some can not cope like you can! And you saying that your dr said this year it's worse then the last...totally not cool. If you are ok with that then that awesome for you but others can't....and I would rather suffer for 3 weeks with mono then 1 hour of a sv* regardless how bad or mild it is! Just be cautious how you word things...

Thank you CMM811. I am not trying to be mean, but I am here to support everyone here and I feel his words are not helping, they sure sent me worrying.

I'm sorry you are worrying jennnh! Just really think rationally (and as my dr says) a virus doesn't "get worse" it's the same virus year after year, it's how your body reacts to it, our country (USA) is so freaking unhealthy that when we come in contact with ANY virus we aren't giving our immune systems a chance to fight, that's why it's so important to get adequate sleep and eat healthy! If you do all these things plus have good hygiene not only are your chances of avoiding getting sick but you will feel better overall! I know it sent me worrying but then I was like "that's crap! every stinking year they say oh the flu is the worst it's ever been blah blah blah..." and I don't mean to sound mean or rude or condescending but Fixxxxer your doctor diagnosed you 2 weeks ago with a simple sinus infection for you & your daughter how did they miss mono? That's a pretty big mix up, frankly I wouldn't trust that dr, especially saying false information...

You are so right cmm811! :-/ I just feel so threatend this time of year.

I know we all are...just remember good hygiene and a healthy body!!!! Those 2 things go a long way!

Haha sorry this just made me chuckle a little...battle of the sexes at its finest :P haha

Made me chuckle, too. Men are just so generally to the point, even where this phobia is concerned. It's kind of funny, if you think about it, that they even have this phobia ,because if their minds truly followed the rationale that their fingers and mouth spit out, they wouldn't have the phobia to begin with
    And I, too, would rather have mono for 3 weeks or even SIX months than have a sv* for one day..lol...as irrational as that sounds, it's true...and I HAVE had mono. It's not a picnic, but I did better with it than with any sv*!

I guess this phobis is the same yet different for everyone.. I want to know who has it, I want to know what areas it is in. I HAVE to know these things. I see several people on here that feel better NOT knowing! Strange huh? What fixxxxer said didn't bother me one bit. I just wanted to know where he lives... So now I know he's in West Michigan. I'm in SC. I'm good. I know they have closed down a school in our upstate because of this... I'm ok with that because I don't live there. So this is how I do my rationalization of I'm going to be OK. Now when that inconsiderate mom and grandmom brought the sick child to church!!! Flames and smoke shot out of my ears! Totally different... they were right there in the same building with me! UGH! That's when I panic!

Quote Originally Posted by kristinak View Post
    Made me chuckle, too. Men are just so generally to the point, even where this phobia is concerned. It's kind of funny, if you think about it, that they even have this phobia ,because if their minds truly followed the rationale that their fingers and mouth spit out, they wouldn't have the phobia to begin with
    And I, too, would rather have mono for 3 weeks or even SIX months than have a sv* for one day..lol...as irrational as that sounds, it's true...and I HAVE had mono. It's not a picnic, but I did better with it than with any sv*!
    Or if they (all men in general pretty much) thought before the spoke we would be so much better off in general! hahaha jk...kinda...I wasn't trying to "battle" anyone I just think its so undeniably rude to say things like "my dr says its the worst sv* they've seen in years" first off there is no truth to it no doctor can mak that call based on a couple people v*ing from it, and secondly there are sooooooo many people that are sensitive to even the word sv* why the heck would you put unsupported information out there for people to read? That might send a mom into a umcontrollable spiral with her kids & her not getting it, or a college student trying to study for the finals now can not concentrate after reading it because they are so scared! I don't care a man or woman if you can't come on here to support and help people and chose your words wisely then don't come be respectful of everyone! It doesn't matter that "John Doe" can cope better then "Jane Doe" what matters is the common respect each should give for one another...regardless

I just want to say I'm sorry - I really hope I haven't offended anyone. This seems to have sparked a debate! I know that personally the 'bluntness' doesn't help me, I simply don't feel that I've receovered enough yet to be able to deal with that sort of 'wording' if you get me? But of course, I know that if I post here, I have to be able to deal with comments from each and every one.

I'm really thankful for all your support. I'm still massively on edge. I', at the 48hour mark about 10am tomorrow and it's 8pm at the moment. I'm still so worried I have got something and aren't coping too well. I'm scared it will happen in the ngiht. I'm now trying to get on the probiotics but not sure how long they take to work?

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlestranger View Post
    I just want to say I'm sorry - I really hope I haven't offended anyone. This seems to have sparked a debate! I know that personally the 'bluntness' doesn't help me, I simply don't feel that I've receovered enough yet to be able to deal with that sort of 'wording' if you get me? But of course, I know that if I post here, I have to be able to deal with comments from each and every one.

I'm really thankful for all your support. I'm still massively on edge. I', at the 48hour mark about 10am tomorrow and it's 8pm at the moment. I'm still so worried I have got something and aren't coping too well. I'm scared it will happen in the ngiht. I'm now trying to get on the probiotics but not sure how long they take to work?
    NO need to be sorry!!! You did nothing wrong, I was trying to defend you and any others who can't handle that wording! I'm a blunt person in general but I'm very sympathetic to other peoples feelings and overall demeanor...I wish you peace! Probiotics start working immediately once they get in your system! They are amazing as long as you get a quality brand!

Thank you so much for responding. For some reason I feel like crying, what an idiot. I feel I've exposed myself and this counting down is killing me. It doesn't help that my stomach hurts so much at the moment which I think is IBS as it's been happening for a couple of weeks.

I don't know if my brand is quality, it's the Immune Support Multibionita I think? Any ideas on if it's a good brand? If not, I can always go on the hunt tomorrow for someso suggestions would be really asppreciated. I do live in the UK though so probably not as good here?

NO! you haven't offeneded anyone. It's just that to some people the words bother them and the locations of the sv* bother them and certain comments bother others. To some people like myself, they are just words. I don't get bothered by the words but I know other emets do so I try to always use just the first letter and a * afterwords. I try to watch out for key phrases that could upset some people and if there is something graphic in my posts I put the word GRAPHIC in the subject heading so those who are more sensitive than I am won't read it. I really believe you will be fine. I understand the panic and the anxiety. I am under it right now too because of the sick child in my church.

Hi tshell - thank you so much. I'm really sorry you're going through the same thing. How're you doing?

It's lovely so many of you are supportive as I am one of thosepeople who can't cope with the bluntness right yet. I wish I could take a leaf out of your book and realise it's just words. xx

this time of year all of us on here are very fragile i feel. everyone here has there purpose for why they say things, im sorry if it came off me being harsh! you guys are all great!