Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Any suggestions??

My boyfriene came down with the stomach flu mid saturday afternoon. His last bout of v* was around 5am yesterday morning, which was very odd as he hadnt v* in over 10 hours. Well later on today (monday) he wants to see me, and i have refused to go to his house because thats where he last got sick. Do you think it would be okay if he came to my house today as long as i didnt kiss him and kept washing my hands and spraying lysol? I need to know if its ok asap! I was already freaking out bad enough thinking i would catch it, but its almost on that 48 hour mark so im almost in the clear hopefully.

Default Re: Any suggestions??

And what are some good cleaning products?

If it was me I wouldnt risk it! I know thats a very unhealthy attitude but if it means I wouldnt spend the following few days worrying about every imagined or non-imagined symptom then I think its worth it.

Its practically been 2 days though. I thought it would be ok because his v* and d* particles are not over here, i wouldnt be kissing him, and i wash my hands frequently! Gah now i have no idea what to do i really want to see him, hes clean his hands washed, hes showered, no more symptoms..this is TOO difficult

Its all up to you, i wouldnt just because i woudlnt want to take the chance, but its all what YOU are comfortable with!! More power to you if you have him over!

Well if not today when is it good to see him?

couple days, that's how long i'd wait.

If I was in your situation, I wouldn't. I would rather wait to see him than have to worry even more for the next few days. It's not worth it.

I dont know. Perhaps two more days. People are still infectious for a couple of days even after they recover. Usually 2-3 days

Well I did decide to hangout with him. I didnt kiss him, hold hands, share anything with him. And i know i had to of washed my hands about 20 times the whole time we were together. I guess i just decided to because any other time i wait a day and i never got it. I will still probably worry but i am determined to try and ease my mind somehow.

i think you are contagious for 3 days after you stop showing symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by perksofcharlie View Post
    i think you are contagious for 3 days after you stop showing symptoms.
    you can possibly shed the virus in stool for up to TWO WEEKS

He would be off limits for 3 days AFTER the last time he v* or had d* (which ever one he does last. My fiancee knows that if he comes down with it....he has to go stay at his moms for 5 days... the 2 days he has it and the 3 days following it... he's now a germaphobe and avoids sick people and washes his hands with sanitizer constantly. A good cleaner is BLEACH.
    Last edited by tshell; 12-14-2011 at 11:03 AM.

I thought the only way to catch a sv* is if you ingest the v* or d* particles? Is that true, or can you get it from breathing as well ?

In the particles if you inhale them or if someone doesn't wash after using the bathroom it is on their hands so then it becomes touch. Also if the v* and wipe their mouth with their hands and they don't wash their hands it becomes touch. That is why they say there is so much fecal matter on shopping cart handles... not enough people wash their hands! And they ALL still go shopping sick or not!
    Last edited by tshell; 12-14-2011 at 03:07 PM.

i carry hospital grade foam in my purse and whipe the shopping cart down. people are so nasty!!