Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Here we go..again! UGH!

So, I'm helping out with the Christmas play at church. I'm in charge of turning on the lights during the different "scenes". I have to sit on the floor behind the pulpit to do this. The spot that I'm sitting at is where everyone passes by to go to the restroom. So anyhow I'm sitting there and a mom comes flying around the back towards me holding her child cradled in her arms telling everyone in the hall to move! her child is tu*! As she goes past me I can HEAR the kid p* in her arms. I could feel the breeze and SMELL the v* so I stuck my head into my shirt... She runs to the bathroom and I could hear the child still being sick! She cleans the kid up and take off her little angle costume (which was catching the v*) and the child comes out of the bathroom. THEY STAYED there AT THE CHURCH. I got my Purell out and put it all over my face, arms and even into the edges of my nose! The little girl kept walking around saying her tummy hurt so the put her in the "manger" with her grandmother who is playing Mary in the play. about 10 mins later the child and her mom come running past again saying move she has to poop! OOPS! the kid had had diareah in her pull up and I'm nose level with her butt! (I'm still sitting on the floor!) My fiancee called my mom who brough me some lysol (about 20 mins later) and I sprayed off my hair, arms and back! I'm so scared that I have inhaled some of the v* particles from when they ran past me. After the practice, I asked her grandma how she was. She very casually says " well she has had diareah 3 or 4 times today and she has been complaining all day of her tummy hurting. While I hope it isn't a sv* I think it may be just that"!! I'm like really!!??? Now after they came out of the restroom from her bing sick every other little angle had to pee so there was a line going in right behind them. When she had the accident in her pants (she had on a pullup because of the direah earlier in the day) her mom just threw the soiled on in the trashcan in the ladies room! They want to have play practice again Wednesday night... I WILL NOT be there... Everyone else that is going to catch it will have it by then. I can see me sitting on the floor with another small angel getting sick and it going all over me! PANIC has set in. I'm taking my xanax every 4 hours now instead of when I have a panic attack! Simply because when it comes out of my system I have a bad attack! What are your thoughts about the chances of my catching it??? help please....

Default Re: Here we go..again! UGH!

That sucks. I'd be freaking out too. I know that's not what you need to hear but I guess you can take comfort in the fact you are not alone and that other people would be scared too. I think it's avoidable and you may not get it. My mom has cleaned up after me and my brother mulitple times in our lives and I cant' remember her ever catching it from us. It is avoidable but unfortunately all you can do is wait it out and see what happens.

So the mom takes a v*** kid, who also had D*, to church for the Christmas play. How necessary was that? Did either of them have a good time? The point was......? Some people are idiots.

Yeah inconsiderate jerks. You probably wont catch it. Just try to relax and dont go to the next one!! People have no clue sometimes....this is exactly how this stuff spreads. Ugh!!!!

Parents push their kids too much. I hate that shit, sorry for my language but it ticks me off. If my kids dont feel well i keep them home.

Ugh people suck! The mom & grandma should be slapped, how dare they expose everyone to a potential sv* ughhh! If I was there I would have given them a peace of my mind...sick kids belong at home, no excuse, that's why my hubby & I no longer speak to his brother & his wife, they brought their sick kid to thanksgiving dinner and she threw a fit and said some unbelievably rude things to me because we decided to not go to dinner with the rest of the family! Again people suck! I would say to boost your immune system just in case, I doubt you will catch it but better to be safe then sorry!

We are supposed to go to another practice Wednesday night... the 3 day mark.(I can just see another kid having it then and tu* all over me as they pass by me!) Needless to say I have several GREAT excuses as to why I won't be there. I have a GREAT "cheat sheet" for when the lights go on and off for the play. I won't mess it up. BUT they won't see me again until SUNDAY night for the play.... sorry. I haven't helped with a Chirstmas play in YEARS because of another inconsiderate mom who brought her kid in with the SV and he tu* all over the stage floor right in front of me ( I was actually IN the play that year) This will be my last time EVER in helping with anything dealing with kids in the church! We also try not to go to anything dealing with our family during this time of the year because most of our family thinks it's just a little virus it will pass in a day or two! and they have the "expose your kids to germs they will build up a resistance mentality!" We ALWAYS have an excuse not to be involved... SAD but true! Not many people understand my fear (my kids are also emets), they laugh at me and pick on me for having hand sanitizer in my purse (3 bottles) and I usually have a can of lysol on my car(I actually spray the soles of my shoes before getting back in the car after shopping.) We drove my fiancee's vehicle Sunday night. He now has a can in his vehicle...) If my kids are sick, they stay home. Even if it is a sinus infection...they stay home!

I agree with all of you. Fixxxer2012 I'm the same way. If my girls don't feel good they stay home
    Colleen