Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default my job is killing me, advice please.

I work in a mexican restaurant, and boy is it the grossest job.

One of my co-workers comes in Friday night and is pale as a ghost. We're all like whats wrong and she goes I've been V* since Wed. WTF, why would she come in so sick???????!!! she said she called and my GM was like oh you have to come in.. TO SERVE FOOD. I wanted to scream I had to work next to her etc. ( i washed my hands all the time never put them in my mouth) then she had to go home because she was almost v* at her tables. So I went into panic mode and showered when I got home etc, had to work with her sat and sunday too... last night i got a huge wave of n* at my table while i was taking their order, freaked out a little, but made it through my whole shift. ate when i got home, and just felt lousy all night but never v* or anything. I've had two normal bm and today i just feel n* but hungry... but not hungry. I am on my period and it has been BAD.. its my 5 day and Im still bleeding pretty bad. I am so scared I have the sv she had.. she was ranting and raving it was so bad she almost had to go to the hospital etc...

ugh.

thank god i got a job at a bank and will only serve tables on saturdays. I cant handle all the germs everyday. i feel like its going to be the thing to make me sick.

Default Re: my job is killing me, advice please.

Your GM needs to be reported! There are laws about letting sick people serve food! We had a case last year where one employee tested positive for noro after a whole restaurant full of people got sick in the days following when she was working. They fined the restaurant BIG TIME, and they even plastered their story all over the news. A year later, and that restaurant is OUT OF BUSINESS! I was so happy to see the Health Department set an example out of them. Sounds like that's what needs to happen at your place too!

ugh. i got to work today and another co-worker went home so sick. i was just at her house yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! ugh. kill me, i cant handle this. i felt so n* at work once i found this out. was already crampy and such from my period, and then i started to get all nervous, i managed to get through my work and leave first because i switched with someone. but im so scared now im sick, im drinking ginger tea and the last thing i ate was a pop tart before work, i keep getting all scared and then i forget, get a little hungry and then freak out and feel n* again. im so scared... how will i know im sick... i ask this all the time.. but i need to know. the n* hasnt been constant or getting worse.. just there.. like im anxious or idk...

Call the health dept.

For what? All the people getting sick at my work?