Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry What is it about nighttime

First of all when I hear of anyone via Facebook getting sick I get minor anxiety. When it's a family member ( even if I haven't seen then in like 2 weeks) it's so much worse. My brother just had a sv and my dad had it today, I havent seen either if them in a few weeks but for done reason it got my mind obsessing almost ruining my whole day.
    Then I ate a dinner that ALWAYS gives me d*
    I felt anxious all night and then when I FIBALLY lay down to go to sleep I get the horrible cramping and i have D*
    Why is it ALWAYS when I finally lay down in bed? It's like my body knows its time to rest so it won't let me.
    Now I'm all crazy doing the "what ifs"
    What if I caught it somehow? What if it wasn't what I ate?
    I hate this, i feel like I'm not living I'm just surviving. I have the Emetaphobia recovery system and have read through it a few times but always seem to forget the teqniques when im anxious.
    I just need more positive stories about EMETS who lived through the sv, who say it wasn't as bad as they thought... So I feel like there's hope

Default Re: What is it about nighttime

I'm the same, after tea and nighttime I stay awake till 2/3 just to make sure I don't get sick during the night. I try to just tell myself over and over, you will be fine, it'll be horrible for a few minutes but yes you will overcome it and you'll feel fine after it does happen. I try to just tell myself this over and over again, also there are so many people with terrible I'llnesses.. I have had emet for at least 5 years now... And it is honestly the worst thing to ever happen to me I want it gone and out of my life. Stay strong and remember you will be fine and we all will it's hard to believe especially in the middle of having a panic attack when your crying and sweating but I know I will be fine and you will to

This is totally me it always happens when I go to bed and I get no sleep because of it! Just remember that you're not the only one and it will all be okay. We're going through this together.

Can i talk to you ? i have some good advice? Im a survivor of emet. And i can show you how to cope with it.