Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default i need some support.

I'm 5 weeks pregnan with my 4th child...my last pregnancy was horrible and I'm vey scared that this one is going to be the same...I didn't vomit with any of my previous pregnancies but with my last pregnancy,I got extremely paraniod that I was going to throw up anything that I put in my body and it ended with me being in the hospital..I was scared to even drinkwater!
    I'm just so scared right now. I don't want to feel that way again...right now I'm bawling while typing this.. I hate this phobia! I hate it soooooo much. I'm suppose to start school in january and I'm worried I'm going to f**k it up because of my pregnancy and the phobia. I was doing really good at controlling it.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: i need some support.

I think if pregnancy was going to make you throw up, it would definitely have happened already with one of your previous ones, so I don't think you need to worry! I think you are going to be fine! You have already proved to yourself that you can get through (multiple) pregnancies without vomiting, so you can relax this time!

I know it's hard but try not to be scared to eat. In my experience, eating small meals often when pregnant is the best thing to do to avoid nausea, and it's also good for the baby. Whenever I felt sick in my first trimester, I would eat something (even if I didn't feel like eating) and would ALWAYS feel better afterwards. If it's something you really struggle with, talk to your doctor and see if you can get anti-nausea medication so you feel comfortable to keep eating. Good luck - you are going to be just fine