Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Worries about leftover food.

Sunday night, I roasted a whole chicken in the oven, then immediately refrigerated it when we were done. Last night, I used the leftovers for chicken noodle soup. Would the chicken have gone bad already? How long is it "safe" to eat leftovers. I already ate some of it tonight and now I'm really worried. I handled everything properly and kept it all refrigerated, but I'm scared that because the chicken was originally cooked on Sunday night, that it may not have been safe to eat it tonight. I know it doesn't mean much, but there was no weird smell or taste. I was fine when I ate it last night.

Default Re: Worries about leftover food.

Don't worry...whole cooked chicken last 3-4 days in the fridge there's a great online site that tells you how long food last in the fridge. Stilltasty.com

Thank you so much! That is wonderful to hear!

You are welcome!

Yep. That's about right. I worked in food service so I had to take classes on food safety. As long as you let the food cool down and then refrigerate it. You don't want to put hot food into the fridge. Also when heating leftovers, only heat what you're going to use that meal. You don't want to heat food more than once. So for example, you made your chicken, then made chicken noodles soup. You should not reheat the leftovers of the chicken noodle soup, if that makes sense. Heating and cooling over and over increases the risk for bacteria to grow.