Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question What is wrong with me?

So last night after dinner, I started feeling a little 'off'. Almost slightly dizzy or nauseous or something, but I just ate some yogurt and shrugged it off. Then a few hours later I started feeling more nauseous, so I took some pepto, which helped a little. Before bed, I felt more nauseous and felt intensely like I was going to v*, so I took more pepto. I laid in bed and tried to read, but I kept worrying that I was going v*. I couldn't sleep, even though I was exhausted, so I got up to study some more (I'm in college and have final exams this week). I was annoyed that I didn't know why I was feeling this way, as I'd felt fine all day. I thought maybe I just ate too much sugar during the day (I had a bunch of skittles and 3 chocolate truffles -though not all at once). Finally I fell asleep, but it must've been after 2 AM.

I woke up feeling fine! Then today, after lunch, my tummy was feeling a little weird/hurting a bit. I still have an appetite, though. What is up? Do you think it could be the stress of exams? I don't feel very stressed, but maybe internally I am? Anyone else ever felt like this?

Default Re: What is wrong with me?

You're fine. Don't forget, we can "think ourselves sick" it's all part of being emet. If you truly had a sv, you would know it. You're fine. Remember, wash your hands, keep them away from your face, eat healthy and get plenty of rest. This advice comes from a long time sufferer. Be well, and try not to "worry yourself sick."

Default Re: What is wrong with me?

I definitely think it could be the physical effects of stress. Even if you do not feel stressed, it doesn't mean you are not. It's natural to be put under stress when studying for exams or working hard to meet deadlines and such. I wouldn't worry about it. just take proper care of yourself and make sure you are getting enough sleep--especially since it's exam time. I always feel a bit off and nauseous when I do not get enough sleep. I also think the candy may not have helped your case lol :P but I think you will be just fine!!