Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation I CAN help you. I am here for you

I have now fully recovered from emet. I have done alot of treatment and i found one that actually worked. If you or someone you know needs help im here to talk. Im in the pprocess of writing a book about my recovery. Add me on facebook if you need advice, or just someone to talk to right away. Im always on. (http://www.facebook.com/dylanwr) Or just inbox me on here!

Dylan.

Default Re: I CAN help you. I am here for you

Your recovered in just a weeks time? Didnt you just post awhile back when you were sick? Anyways good luck to you.

Yea, i found a quick treatment. It was amazing. Theres still sometimes that i get worried, but i was taught some coping skills that past few weeks, that have tremendously

So, what are the coping skills? Please share your success details! Thx

Yes, I am curious! Will add on facebook...

What coping skills did you learn, and what type of treatment was it?

There is no magic cure guys, most of the members on here including me have underlying issues with anxiety, panic, ocd etc. This cannot be cured within weeks as im sure many of us know who have tried meds and various therapys.

No disrespect intended, but being emet-free for a week is not enough time to say you're cured. I was completely emet-free for an entire 11 months a few years ago... and then it came back full force "out of the blue."

So if you really have a cure, post it here! Help us all. Don't make us have to add you on facebook or wait for your book.

Alright, well i guess i have some haters. I have had emetophobia for 6 years okay. And prozac was working really well. Im back on prozac, but i now know coping skills and ways to think about v* that wont make me have panic attacks. Soo please dont underestimate how fast you can get over this. Its alot to write. So i cant write it on here. I cant believe people are complaining, when im here to help when people need it. Im here for people that need to talk. And i figured out a way to help.

It's not much help if you can't share it with us!

I can share it with you. Its just a thing where it cant be written out, it would literally take 2 or three days to type. Its alot easier to do it one on one. I have already helped a couple of people and they said it worked. I just have a weird way of helping people. I am here, people can discriminate but im here for you. So if you need me im here.

With all due respect, how can you share it with us if not through words?

Wouldn't it take more time working with people one on one as opposed to writing it out one time?

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
    Wouldn't it take more time working with people one on one as opposed to writing it out one time?

Good point - and I don't know how you could work one-on-one with someone you live thousands of miles away from with without writing anything? Or is the help limited to those within a stone's throw? :/

No, its different thru different people. It was taught thru me, to do it one on one, that how i was taught, i went thru a phobia and anxiety center in Grand Rapids michigan. And i guess if people want the help, they will come to me. Sorry if it upsets you the way i do it.

Ugh, it can be written, but its not a whole story, its seriously like 7 pages long. Its different advice, to every different person. Theres different stages and levels of this phobia.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanRichards View Post
    No, its different thru different people. It was taught thru me, to do it one on one, that how i was taught, i went thru a phobia and anxiety center in Grand Rapids michigan. And i guess if people want the help, they will come to me. Sorry if it upsets you the way i do it.
    OK....so let's say I reply to your title - yes, I would like your help. How can you help me? I appreciate there is a certain method that you found successful, but your title is a little misleading to those of us who live outside the States...

Are you looking to get paid for this?

No i am not looking to get paid? I guess this didnt go as planned. I was trying to be nice and trying to help people out here. I dont know if you guys dont understand. I can help you, i dont have to see you physically, although we could if you really wanted (thru skype) i guess i wrote it wrong, it can be written, but not one paragraph, its different for alot of people, so if its one on one, i can get to know the problem, and help.

Haters is a bit strong, id say more sceptics, there are a lot of disreputable people out there making big money out of people desperate for a quick fix to their problems. Why not post it so we can all try your methods.

All of you CAN try my method. But there is not a method! Its different for every person. If people want someone to talk to, and need some help, they can come talk to me. I dont know if people are scared of me or what? But i guess people dont realize i can help. Ive already had 6 people add me on FB or message me on here. And ive been individually talkin to each, helping them thru their problems.

After suffering with this for as long as I can remember and going through numerous gruelling therapies etc I guess I'm a little sceptical how one can go from sheer terror one week to being able to cure all emets. But hey - I don't mean any offence. I guess I just can't get my head around it............

Well my medications help big time. But its possible, heres a part og therapy for you. You think i thought this was possible? No I was saying the same thing you were. Its called the Law of attraction, you sitting here saying my help wont work, or youve been suffering and you cant be better in a week time. Ofcourse your not gonna get better. Try it out, it WILL work. CAN work. Dont be so negative. It CAN happen, I went thru it, so can you.

Tell all of us on the site what worked for you, you sound very much like a politician to me, lots of words that dont actually say much.

Well my medications help big time.
    1. Why do you need meds if this mysterious therapy worked for you?
    2. While you're still on meds, how do you know if it's not just the meds masking the disorder?

It's called The Law of Attraction
    Seriously? That's your cure? The Law of Attraction?

I guess you guys dont want to get better.
    EVERY PERSON IS DIFFERENT. The law of attraction is a big part of it. The way you think and percieve things is HUGE? How are you trying to knock it when you havent tried my things? Im trying to be helpful and you assume it doesnt work cause you dont believe it.

If Prozac is part of the cure... I have to stay a phobic. I just tried Prozac. Made me feel worse than I ever have in my life! I had panic attacks even when I took my xanax. Then my throat started closing up and I had to take Benadryl to help with that... Not sure what you are trying to describe though. Is it breathing techniques, meditation? Exposure therapy (I shiver as I type that)...

I totally understand that! I know prozac hasnt worked with alot of people. Miraclely, it did me. The treatment i found that worked, was a talk, and the way you think. Its a one on one talk. Its changing the way you think. And changing the way you look at your anxiety

Are you saying that you teach CBT?

maybe you could copy and paste one of the convos youve had with someone (with their consent of course) so we can see how you explain your cure without having to rewrite it?
    good for you that you're doing better!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.