Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Im here to talk to!

Alot of people have been criticizing the way i help others. But the people that come to me thru facebook or messaging on here have said it works! I just want to let everyone that you're not alone. And im always here to talk

Default Re: Im here to talk to!

Help my ass please!!!

Who on here have you helped...I am curious...

Alot of people! Lol

And kasey Whats up whats goin on?!

Quote Originally Posted by DylanRichards View Post
    Alot of people! Lol
    I want to know who on here you have helped? No one is coming forward saying they are "cured" and don't mean to sound rude but aren't you just a kid? I mean just 10 days ago you were on here freaking out and now you are completely cured....I am a positive thinker and prayer. I believe that works more than anything else but I'm sorry I think all you are saying is a load of crap, you can't give anyone examples of your "curing therapy" nor are you knowledgeable enough to know how much some of the people on here suffer, and how bad they suffer enough to "cure" them. I think you are giving false hope, and if YOUR therapist shared a fast "cure" like you said happened to you then you need to share that on here so EVERYONE can go to their therapists with this inofrmation and start to help themselves...

Alright. Well im not going to give out names. I have helped numerous people, end of story. I have tooken classes at the Phobia and Anxiety center of southwest michigan. I know what im talking about and am confident people can be turned around quick. There is no "CURE" for anxiety, theres way to control it, instead of it controlling you. Theres a 6 part system i know of to help panic attacks about v*

well, why don't you just tell us where to find this six part system ourselves so we can check it out and see if it's something we want to try?

you're so vague about this......just doesn't make sense to me........also......tooken????
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think the main problem is that this fear is so deep-rooted in the majority of us that the concept of a "miracle cure" within 7 days simply isn't comprehendable. Excuse me if I have taken your words thus far the wrong way, but I feel a little patronized by your claims that 'anyone' can control their anxiety if they put their minds to it - what do you think I've been trying to do for the best part of 15 years?! This magical class that you've been to must offer something that no-one else can, and the reason you're getting so much criticism is because you're boasting about something that you simply will not divulge! We are all in a fragile and vulnerable place, which is why we have sought help and understanding from others in a similar position, so offering a cure that you refuse to share is nothing short of cruel.

I will speak with you personally to discuss the help that you can offer, but until you have demonstated that you're not all talk I'm afraid I will remain a sceptic.
    Last edited by bex; 12-16-2011 at 10:19 AM.

as soon as I see ONE member here who comes on and says you helped them, I'll be happy to talk with you about it. Until then, I'm sorry, but I agree with everyone, this is just a bunch of crap.

Idk if people understand lol. Its not somthing you can just write, for each person its different. But im sorry im just going to delete all this and say it never happend.

The Phobia & Anxiety Center... are you referring to Lucinda Bassett? I spent $500 on her self help program and it did nothing.

So let me get this straight - in one week, you have managed to completely cure yourself AND help A LOT of people one on one? Wow. Where are these people? One of you, please, come forward, give this guy some credibility.

Dylan, why are you still on prozac if you're cured?

No, lucinda bassetts book From Panic To Power helped me a great amount! Now, for the last time. Prozac helps me and im going to keep on that. Now, again the center taught me how to cope with thoughts, and how to deal with anxiety, very quickly. It was amazing. And i believe in the law of attraction, i never woulda thought i would be better, but it was better in a week, i was amazed. It feels amazing. The reason is, is because i have a positive attitude. All you saying youve have it for "x" amount of years, it doesnt matter, i dont care if you've had it for 97 years, for every single person out there, theres a quick fix. Its just how you choose to handle your thoughts, and your will power. I promsie you that! I am not an expert, i never said i was

So please stop saying its not true.

I am soo happy with my results, and i thought i would share them with the community, and i thought i would share my techniques too, but people dont like that its a one on one kind of advice. Im sorry.

Hope this clears things up

your intentions sound genuine..but im sorry i agree with everyone else. there is no such thing as a 'quick fix' with emetophobia. Maybe your feeling good right now with getting help and everything and may be in a positive frame of mind, but just wait until you feel sick next! It almost sounds like your trying to get us to join some kind of magical emtephobia cure cult! lol. Why dont you just give us an example of the pages of things you learnt. you dont have to type all of it out. or perhaps a website?
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Dylan, I think the problem is that your posts are coming across as you wanting to make yourself sound a bit special, as if you want attention and want people to be coming to you for help.
    I think maybe that if your intentions really were to help people on here then you would understand that people need to research things for themselves and arrive at their own conclusions. The helpful thing to do would be to direct people to whatever method you used so they could make an informed decision about whether they wanted to use it them selves.
    If you have found something that works for you then that's great and I'm pleased for you. Just because that is the case though, it doesn't make you automatically an expert on it.
    I'm sorry, but it really does sound to me as if you just wanted people to be flocking to you for help. I have in my mind a kind of 'Jesus complex'..... 'come to me and I will heal you etc etc'.
    I'm really sorry if this is not the case and you are genuinely trying to help, but if you are then you are going about it in completely the wrong way and it's better that someone tells you that.
    Happy Christmas

I am not an expert, ive said this plenty of times. You guys have terrible attitudes toward this.

......and yet again no help in telling us how we can research this on our own first........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am not an expert, ive said this plenty of times. You guys have terrible attitudes toward this.
    why are you pointing fingers at everyone else? If everyone else on the boards has the same exact opinions about what you're talking about, why won't you step back and think, hmm...maybe they have a point? Maybe it's ME that has the twisted attitude about this.
    A poster above had it right on in my opinion. Jesus complex at its best.
    We've wasted enough time with this, in my opinion..lol..

Well, looks like you guys dont want advice So ill just stick to the people who send me a message.

All i said in the first place, was if anyone ever needed someone to talk to, that i was here for them. No big deal.

Why do I have to send you a message? Why can't you tell me HERE?

We're all sus on this because you have no evidence in backing this up. Im sure whatever program that helped you has a website? Like i asked before. It sounds like a massive scam to me. Like your trying to get people on here to desperatly tr this thing when we have no clue what its about or what we have to do. and all we're asking is for you to tell us and stop beating around the bush. Prove to us it even exists!!
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Alright. Well im not going to give out names. I have helped numerous people, end of story. I have tooken classes at the Phobia and Anxiety center of southwest michigan.
    But evidently not English classes.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Hes not cured.

Originally Posted by DylanRichards
    I have tooken classes at the Phobia and Anxiety center of southwest michigan.
    How? There is no actual center. It's a warehouse... you call in with your credit card, they mail out the program. Haven't you seen their 3 am infomercial?

Well i passed the test, i started having symptoms again, and the skills i learned to cope with it, worked. Soo i dont know what you guys dont believe, but it doesnt bother me. I dont care how new i am to tthis site. I recovered fast and so can anybody else.

Good for you Dylan...stay on here a while. Don't leave...

thats great dylan, but you cant go saying that its definately going to work with everybody. thats giving false hope. A lot of people are probably a lot worse than you are if you recovered within such a short period of time. You dont know whether its going to work or not with everyone. If you wanna help people, then i would suggest going to the help and support forums where people need it and not acting really desperate on these posts for peoples approval of this whatever you call it. You can say your not but by continuously coming back here and defending this 'program thing' or whatever, is only proving my point and making this thing go around in circles. im not trying to be rude or anything because you do genuinly sound like you want to help, so just drop this whole therapy thing you did and just give whatever advice you can to other people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiegirl View Post
    But evidently not English classes.
    Not very nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Puppydog View Post
    Not very nice...
    But true. And funny
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥