Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: When am i safe

Default When am i safe

Hello all, I have had emetophobia since I can remember at least 16 years. My son was sick last monday, and my husband last wednesday night, and daughter last thursday. Now it has been a week, and I am still bleaching my house, scrubbing my hands raw, and still cant eat. I havent eaten much for 2 weeks now. I am so terrified I will catch it. Now there are kids sick at my daighters school (I am assuming she wont get it again so soon), so as soon as she gets home I wash her book bag, coat, and clothes and have her change. I just want to go back to living a normal life, and not ruin my family's christmas with my anxiety. I dont want my kids to pick this up from me, as I hate being emetophobic.

Default Re: When am i safe

I would say you are in the clear now, and proper hygiene and cleaning the virus should be gone from your house. I wouldn't be too worried about her backpack I mean only your daughter touches it really. I'm sorry your family was sick!