Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default please help ASAP huge dilemma so so so scared bf has sv!

Yesterday me and my bf decided to go somewhere random on a journey for a change *and stay in a hotel! We were both fine and had a lovely day and it was really nice. He had eaten through the day and been fine and felt fine, then at around 6.30 we ate out at Frankie and Bennys. He had a chicken wrap but because i have such bad emet I had half a plain cheese pizza. This was still all fine and he said his dinner was nice. Then we got back to the hotel and I started feeling funny and panicking I would be sick but I put it down to my usual anxiety and then over the hours I developed a sore throat and cough an my chest felt tight so thought maybe im just getting a cold(I can cope with that) but soon after we'd got in from tea he said his stomach hurt (which panicked me more) but he said he was fine.*

I began to panic less coz he didn't mention It again and we were all cuddled up in bed and kissing and stuff watching tv. Then at around 2am ish we had sex (sorry for the info) and he still seemed fine but like 5 mins after he said he felt really hot all of a sudden, went to open the window, blacked out and had to crouch on the floor then ran to the bathroom and threw up about 6 tines! This continued ALL night and morning and with bad D too! He said it was just water coming from both ends! He called his friend to pick us up to go home but I didn't want to be near him as awful as I felt coz I just couldn't! So I said I'd book in another room and make my own way home. But his friend didny come until hours after he said he would so I spent all night and morning in the hotel lobby on my own panicking!*

He's gone home now and I'm in my other hotel room.... But I'm so scared I'll either be sick in the meantime or on the train home (2 hour journey) coz he had no symptoms all day it just happened randomly!!! I cant obvs stay here forever! I need to get home but so scared of the travelling! And EVERYTHING! I'm terrified coz we were being so intimate all day!! Will I defo have it??! Are my chances of getting it higher or lower with the fact I already have a sore throat/cough too? (My Bf didnt) If I v I literally can't cope!!!!!!! Would rather die! Plus it was so bad for My bf last night even he was crying and had a panic attack he couldn't stop v so violently!!!!!!*

IM SO SCARED PLEASE HELP ME!!! And If I will have it when will it kick in??!!!*

Default Re: please help ASAP huge dilemma so so so scared bf has sv!

That's so scary! Keep in mind that you can't catch it unless you came in touch with V or fecal particles. That means that you wouldn't even have a chance of getting it before he was sick the first time, even when his stomach hurt.

It may have also been something that he ate too, which probably wouldn't be contagious at all.

I hope that eases your mind a bit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with an ex boyfriend. We were intimate all day (and half the night). We fell asleep and he woke up in the middle of the night because he felt n*. I told him that he should go home if the didn't feel good. On his way home (only about 10 miles away), he had to pull over to v* twice. I talked to him the next morning and he was still s*. I was horribly panicked about it, but I didn't catch whatever it was he had.

I think that you'll be okay. Like asianeko said, he hadn't started v*ing before you were intimate and that is where you would catch the s*v* from.

I'm so sorry this is happening! I would be so scared if I was in your situation. Asianeko is completely right though. Good hygiene is your best friend, and you got another hotel room so that's really good. Since you left the room there's no chance you came in contact with any particles. Also, it might have been food.

Have you spoken with him since? How is he and how are you coping? I know you can do this!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Aagghh thank you all... Reassured me a lot (still panicked though! Lol) When his friend picked him up at around 9.30am yesterday he said he hadn't V'd since about 7am but he was still going to the loo at 9. He got home and slept and at about 6pm told me his stomach had been fine in all aspects since the hotel and he was keeping down Lucozade! (still need to call and find out how he was in the night last night though)

I've been panicking still but decided to stay at a friends who knows how crazy I get with my emet so she's been trying to keep me sane and is a good distraction! I didnt come down with it in the night (which was my main fear yesterday) so I'm feeling a little more confident today but I don't think I will be properly for another 2 or 3 days!!! Thank you again!

Are you sure you want to call and see how he was through the night? Think of it like this. Does that information help you in any way, or will it potentially make you more nervous?

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better though!

I see your point there... But too late haha! (it's 6pm here in the UK now) we have spoken today on the phone I didnt ask straight out if he has or hasnt been ill just how he was, he sounded a lot better and said he felt so much better and was really hungry! Tonight he's said he's fine now which is good! Hope I make it through the night again!!!!

You can do it! Stay strong, you'll be fine!

Omg no I can't do it!!!!! He's still fine (haven't seen him though) im still staying with my friend and woke up with a stomach ache and feeling like I'm gonna have D! (I have ibs in general but this feels different and plus the only thing I've eaten since Monday is 2 slices of dry bread and some plain biscuits) what if I'm coming down with it??!! I'm so so scared! Stomach hurts! The last time I had contact with my bf was 9.30am Tuesday morning, packed his bag for him in the hotel room, shared a lift down with him and his friend and patted him on the back on his way out (did NOT want a hug or kiss!) but then I hand sanitized straight after! Now it's 10.20am Thursday morning.... Would I have got it properly by now? Sorry I'm panicking so much!!!!!!arghhh!!!!!

You'll be fine. You haven't come into contact with any particles from his v* or d*, so you should be out of the woods. I'd be freaking out too, but just try and remember that it's almost impossible that you will have it. Keep us posted. Hope you feel better soon.

Ok pheww thanks can't express how grateful I am to you that have come and told me to keep calm etc! 3 days since I saw him now, I gave him a pat on the back as he was leaving but hand sanitized straight after! TOUCH WOOD I've still been ok, haven't dared eat though except a few slices of dry bread and plain biscuits! Anyway... He is fine now (has been for 3 days really) but his mum and dad have it today! Do you think that's from being around him in the same house the past 3 days or could it have been in their system since before Monday and just started now? Like is there still chance of me coming down with it?? SORRY IM SUCH A NIGHTMARE!!!!!

They probably have it because they've been around him and it for three days. They probably helped take care of him too. I really think you are in the clear, but I understand completely. I'd be freaking out too! However, I really think you would be showing symptoms by now, especially since it seemed to come on very quickly for him.

If you are worried, stay away from him for a few more days since his parents have now caught it and make extra sure that you're not exposed to anything. You can do it!!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Them coming down with it at the same time means they were exposed at the same time. To me it sounds as if they were exposed outside of the house especially since you said he has been well for 3 days now. That or they could even have fp*. I would stay away from the house and continue your good hygiene!

I am definitely not seeing them for a good few weeks because of this anyway... But could I have it in my system from the day we spent together on Monday? (he started with it in the night Monday night) I hadn't seen him for about a month before that coz we'd both been away so I know I can't have it from any other time before Monday! But if they were exposed to it at the same time and they've ONLY JUST come down with it what if that's happened to me?! I can't spend the next week in this total panic!!!! He was still feeling off the past 2 days he's not physically being Ill could they have caught it from that when he got in? I'm MORE worried now and didn't think that was possible!!!!