Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Effexor

Default Effexor

Ive only posted here a few times. But I've been on and Off SSRIs for four years. I usually go on them for a year. Then I stop. And like clockwork six months after I stop my anxiety and phobia come back worse than before. This time my doctor gave me Effexor which is an SNRI and the nausea is overwhelming. To make it worse a guy at work had the stomach flu last weekend so all week I've been worried that I will get that so I don't know where this is coming from. I took a zofran at work and it helped a little but it's getting bad again. Does anyone else have an experiences with Effexor?

Default Re: Effexor

My bf took it, and it made her nausea worse than any other medication she tried. It also made her gain about 30 pounds in six months. They switched her over to Zoloft, and she did much better. It may not be the right one for you. Talk to your doctor

My sister and Dad are on it and love it. My sister was nauseous and had no appetite for a little bit, but that all went away. Now she is the best she ever felt. Btw- I am in Portland Oregon too!

I stopped taking it because I was so sick and not sleeping. And nice! I actually live in Seattle now but I haven't seen anyone else from the northwest on here.

My brother is on the highest dose of it! He responds to it fine, but it's a VERY VERY strong medication!

I'm from Vancouver... BC... close to Washington/Oregon... haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."