Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face daughter v*d, i didnt freak!

This is super big for me! My daughter got s* last night all over her room, then again 4 more times. I had been telling myself since the last time works was s* that next time I wouldn't wear my arsonal of protective gear because I don't want to scare her or make her feel like she did something bad. So, I remained calm, and cleaned IT and her up with no gloves or facemask! And, I even sat right next to her the next few times she v*d, didn't put a facemask on, or run away! This was a huuuuuge step for me! And although im worried I will catch it, im still going to eat normally and carry on as if im not going to get it. Just had to share that sometimes when we make a plan to not react with our emet brains, it actually works!

Default Re: daughter v*d, i didnt freak!

Wow way to go!! I don't know if I can ever do that but it's awesome you were able to! Love conquers all fears

Well done! You should be amazingly proud of yourself for coping, stay strong and dont let anxiety get a foot in the door! You sound well on the road to recovery and i hope it continues. Also hope your daughter feels better soon.

Well done to you - I am struggling too with a sick child - We will get there I am sure - Positive vibes heading your way xx

Thanks everyone! Im still nervous but trying not to think negatively about catching it. My daughter hhasn't V*d since she woke up, so im hoping that's over...but she's definitely sick

I'm sorry your daughter is sick =( I know it's so hard! But so happy for you! I'll think happy thoughts! But maybe it isn't a sv* were t you guys just sick with a sv* a few weeks ago?

Yes we were!!! I'm hoping it's not but I think it has to be...low grade fever, still won't eat, says tummy hurts...and the v*ing..plus, yesterday before she started getting sick she had d* twice. So, I'm thinking this year we are just really unlucky!!!

If I were you I would think maybe it was something else? Does she have a site throat or headache? Or anything else? My good friends daughter gets sv* symptoms when she has strep! I hope she feels better fast!

She does keep saying her throat hurts and she also has a rash on the bottom of her foot she says hurts, but she wont let me touch it! Im taking her to the dr Monday to see if its something else. She was playing a few days ago at a germy play structure so who knows what it is!

Oh she could easily have something else! Maybe even hands foot mouth disease? Any bumps in her mouth?

That's what I was thinking! She wont let me look in her mouth!

Oh poor girl! She could easily have strep also, it can cause some weird rashes...I hope she feels better and fast!

That sounds a lot like Hand foot and mouth... does she had a rash on on palms too?

No rash on her palms or hands, but she does have a rash on her bottom, and she still won't let me look in her mouth...I bet it is hand, foot and mouth. Does that cause vomiting? She's only 3 so I know some younger kids vomit with different illnesses. I can't wait til the dr is open tomorrow...we will be going asap!

Sounds like cocksaki virus. Don't know how to spell it hahaha but the vomitting, rash, low grade fever. Very similar to strep etc. I hope she feels better soon.

Thanks...her fever is now 102, so who knows what's going on. I don't think it's a sv though with the higher fever...her dr can't open soon enough!

I am sorry she is sick! My niece had hand, foot and mouth when she was about 3 and she v* from it too. At first they thought it was a sv* but then she had a rash on her foot. I hope she feels better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ashley11 View Post
    I am sorry she is sick! My niece had hand, foot and mouth when she was about 3 and she v* from it too. At first they thought it was a sv* but then she had a rash on her foot. I hope she feels better soon!
    That's exactly what my daughter has...I am thinking at this point its not a sv, I hope! But of course I hope its nothing serious!

yes my son had a rash on his bum as well which is common with it.. .. also a 103 fever for days and it can cause v'ing. Thankfully it didn't with my son. I hope she feels better soon. If it's hand foot and mouth it does just have to run it's course.