Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Slightly concerned...

Hey everyone! I'm really enjoying my Christmas break so far...there's just one slight problem.

So, a few minutes ago, I started having a sudden loss of appetite. It was almost like I had to force myself to eat. Had some dinner, though, ate most of it. (didn't want to worry my mom) I don't feel sick at all, I just am not wanting to eat. Every time I think of my favorite foods, I think about eating them, but my throat kind of closes a bit, like there's a lump in it. I haven't had really good sleep the past couple of days, so I'm guessing that's a possible cause.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, and if they possibly know how to handle it.

Thanks!

Default Re: Slightly concerned...

When ever I get nervous at all I automatically lose my appetite. Were you anxious?

Not really. :/ Although, I did forget to take my anxiety meds for a few days. Took them yesterday and today, though.

Do you have acid reflux? The lump in your throat feeling is often a symptom of reflux.

Hmmm...no. At least I don't think I do. I don't have heartburn or anything like that.