Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: drinking

Hybrid View

Me and a friend organized a birthday get together for my husband for his 30th bday at a bar tonight, met after work and had a great time. The plan was for a bunch of us to go for a few drinks and then get something to eat. Well it's 2am and I just got home.... I actually had no panic being in the bar all night and ate something there and had a few drinks. We closed the bar down and everyone I was with was wasted. I was a tad nervous about my husband coming home with me ane being sick, because he doesn't hold his liquor well, but the guy we were with invited us over to his place and what do they do but immediately go to the fridge and get more beer!!!! I was like I freakin want to go home, the dogs need to go out, I'm leaving you here... so my husband is staying with his friend and I'm sure they're going to drink all night. I'm nervous for him to come home tomorrow. I'm sure it's going to be in the afternoon because they drank alot. It's so rare that my husband does this because he gets so sick, so he learns his lesson and doesn't do it for another year later. I'm proud of myself that I actually ordered a beer, and tried it. I hate beer and I was going to try and like it but just couldn't... it made me about gag. I ordered a malibu/pineapple juice and a sex on the beach and drank both of those, so that's unusual for me... I'm happy for myself that I stepped out of my comfort zone and proved to myself that it didn't hurt me. Everything in moderation... BUT I'm not going to sleep well tonight because I'll be worrying if my husband is v'ing, and he's not even here!!! But what if he comes home tomorrow and v's?? I wonder if I can handle it because I know it's not contagious. Send positive thoughts my way!! I'm going to need them incase I have to have forced exposure therapy! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_29.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

That's great that you had a couple of drinks and left your comfort zone... Are you arfraid to drink for the fear of being sick or the bartenter handling the glass? Or maybe both! Yes, the key with drinking is moderation... Men on the other hand have no clue what that word means. I think with your hubby having stayed elsewhere was a good idea. If he V*** from too much than maybe he will learn his lesson!! But surely he will be fine the next day, just maybe a little tired and headachy. As for you in this sitch... The best thing you CAN tell yourself is that you won't catch it and if it happens then you really should tell hubby that he should be considerate of your feelings about the V** part. I don't know why ppl insist on drinking so much that they get ill from it. I was so past that stage in my early 20's. It's such a horrible feeling, and most men tend to do this than women. I hope everthing goes OK for you. Im sorry that I could not be as comforting with my words but I really hope that you are OK and whatever happens you can handle it. Let us know how it went

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's great you were able to have a drink and not worry. I think that's a big step, since anytime you drink too much there is always a chance of v*. And you are absoultly right, everything in moderation. Try not to worry about your husband v* when he comes home, if he was going to be sick, then he would of been last night. I got sick from drinking before, and I v* that night, but the next day after I slept, I was fine, hungover, but fine. I am sure he is fine too. Don't worry. Everything will work out well. I am glad you were able to put your fears aside, and have a good time. I am going out to the bar next weekend to celebrate my recovery, and I am getting nervous as each day passes, but hopefully I will be like you and be able to just enjoy myself and relax. Good job, and don't even worry about your husband, if he drank to much and got sick, then that was his own fault, and he will learn his lesson...again.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

He he, how ironic, my husband made me mad last night after he'd been drinking, and I yelled at him and made himn throw up and it actually didn't gross me out--I was feeling quite smug about it!!

Thanks everyone... I went to bed at 3am and I'm up already at 8:30... wtf! I can't get up to save my life during the workweek and now I'm wide awake after only 5 hours of sleep!!

I'm doing ok this morning... a tad nervous about him coming home, wondering if he's going to call me or what... and he doesn't v that night after drinking, I think he v's because itsits in his belly all night long. He always v's the next day. It sucks. I know it sucks more for him... but you know what? I think I can handle it. Here's the weird thing, we were up in our friend's apartment and he took out some cloroseptic spray and sprayed his throat, and I'm like what are you doing? and he said I felt a little sick for a minute so I had to use this. Is this like a fraternity trick or something that they use to stop from gagging?? Anyone heard of that??? This dude is a big drinker, single guy, only thing in his fridge is beer... so I'm sure he'd know tricks of the trade if there are any. I'm very curious about this and am going to look on the net for info about it. It may help us if you're feeling gaggy or something... ok, rambling.

I really think I can handle this. I really do. We'll see though, I know I'll be watching him like a hawk when he comes home, quizzing him, etc.

One more question: Donna did your yelling at your hubby make him throw up or did you make him stick his finger down his throat? I've heard of alot of guys making themselves throw up so that they can keep drinking or so that they don't get a hangover and v all night.Edited by: 2jo2
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Why people want to drink themselves to the point of vomiting is beyond me. I know I could have never been too much of a drinking for this reason. Dont get me wrong, I do drink some, but not enough to get sick from. Hubby on the other hand, the older he has gotten and the fact that he doesnt drink much anymore, well ................ he doesnt hold his liquor so well anymore. I have actually got a couple of funny stories about him getting sick on the way home from a night of drinking, but I wont elaborate unless someone wanted me to.

jo, I really think that if your hubby comes home sick, you will be able to handle it. Yes, it is still gross, but you know for a fact that it is not contagious. I, personally can deal with it so much better when I know that it is not contagious. Let us know what happens.

I think its great that you were able to go out last night and have a good time, even though it was probally a little out of your comfort zone.

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Well he called me to come and get him and on the way home he said don't drive too fast or jostle me around, so I was sort of nervous about him doing it in my car. He did throw up but I didn't know until later when he told me. I didn't even have an instant of panic when he told me, and I surprise myself in that!!! Normally, I would panic no matter what, but maybe it's because I was 2 floors above him and had no idea.

I don't understand the thing with drinking until sickeither, and of course he said to me that he's not going to do it for a long long time. I can't imagine! He hates to v* and said it was painful. The same with jennyleigh's husband, the older he gets the less tolerance he has for drinking. I just don't get the novelty of drinking that much, but you all understand!

What do you mean you made him throw up? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by donna1216
    He he, how ironic, my husband made me mad last night after he'd been drinking, and I yelled at him and made himn throw up and it actually didn't gross me out--I was feeling quite smug about it!!

I was telling him things about himself and our family that he didn't want to hear--he has a sensitive stomach that responds to his emotional state--and apparently what I said made him nauseous enough to actually throw up. (After reading my previous post I guess it really didn't make any sense, did it?) I am suffering from exhaustion, I only got 2 hrs. of sleep last night!!

V* bothers me...but when I KNOW for a fact I cant catch it I am fine. I can stay in the same house. BUT if it is contagious I want to run run run. It sucks when its part of my family because I cant run.

I am going to beat this awful mess.....[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Edited by: madisonsmom

How come you only got 2 hrs of sleep last night? Was it pregnancy, children, hubby, or something else?

We are all going to beat this thing!!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Donna, you need to get better rest... I'm going to start worrying about you.. How far along are you? About 6 mos now? 7?
    \"This too shall pass\"

I agree Donna...you need your sleep.

Better get it while you can[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]