Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Is it possible?

Question Is it possible?

To get the stomach virus more than once a year. =/ My mom and I had a long discussion about this. And it really helped me thinking that people dont get the stomach flu very often. And i thought when you get it, your pretty much safe for the year cause your body becomes immune? She said not true. But how often do you hear that people get stomach flu alot? Can i get some re-issurance? Or somthing lol Because i got the flu 3 weeks ago and v* 2 times. And thats it. Had some bad dia* for a couple days too!

=/

Default Re: Is it possible?

Once you catch the sv* you are immune to it for at least a year because the strain mutates at about that rate. People who are sick more often may be due to stomach problems, drinking, etc.

You can get it multiple times a year although it is extremely rare. One you get it, you only have a short-term immunity to that strain (not sure how long it is). But you are right, most people only get it every few years and emets even less than that. If you get digestive problems again it could be a result of something else.

Thank you! Im about to post another question that im worried about! maybe you can help me!

My whole family had it in Feb 2011 so are we good until this Feb?

thought you were over all this worrying, dylan.....what's up?
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am, i still worry sometimes, just not as bad as before, i dont let it control me. But its bad right now! I just put a post in general discussion which explains my problem.

You generally can't get the same virus twice, but there are many different strains of stomach bugs, so you could be sick more than once a year, but this isn't common. I think you said before that you are 17? Assuming you don't have any health issues, I wouldn't think you would get a stomach bug again this year, or even in the next few years. Adults and teens are better able to fight these things off.

Im 19, lol. My little 8 year old sister had the flu for like a day and the next week i v* like 2 times like i said. She was doing it all day tho.

My bf's daughters' mom got it twice last year. Immunity is only about 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanRichards View Post
    Im 19, lol. My little 8 year old sister had the flu for like a day and the next week i v* like 2 times like i said. She was doing it all day tho.
    flu and stomach virus are two different things...

Quote Originally Posted by DylanRichards View Post
    The flu rarely causes v* in adults as it is a respiratory illness. It also lasts about a week. Are you sure it was the flu and not a stomach bug?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Yea it was the stomach bug then.