Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: i CANT do this

Exclamation i CANT do this

in case you guys haven't read it, I'm pregnant agagin.. I'm really freaking out at this point. I don't think I can do this again. I'm miserable because I feel sick and because of my anxiety about v*. I haven't v*ed in nearly 15 years and I'm literally trembling right now. I'm sooooo scared. I can't do this. I can't feel like this for another 6-8 weeks... or longer.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: i CANT do this

Well first off, how many weeks are you into it? And congrats! Its awesome your bringing a person into this world Be happy about that. Anyway, YOU CAN do this. You said your preggo again? So that means youv'e done this before right? What makes you think you cant do it again? I know you can, and you should tell yourself you can too. I promise nothing bads going to happen. Right now i would try sitting down and seriously deep breathe. Drink some water. It helps to get online and go read an interested article or play a game get yourr mind off it, its hard sometimes but it works when u actually get the mind off it. You wont feel like this for 8 weeks. I know you can do this

Just think about the beautiful little child you will have once this is all over. I understand how you feel though, the last time I was pregnant I ended up in the psych ward. It was the scariest yet probably the most helpful thing that got me through that pregnancy. That's not to say you will end up in there. I am a manic depressant with anxiety and phobic disorder. Just remember you will love your baby so much it will be worth the next eight weeks of discomfort.

With my last pregnancy I ended up in the psych Ward multiple times and no one ever helped me. I was terrified to eat or drink anything because I didn't want to puke. I got to the point I was scared to drink water. Idk what to do. I'm afraid if I try to get help, they'll label me as paranoid skitzo and take my baby. what meds, if any, helped you get through? what helped if any thing?
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I completely understand how you are feeling. I had such a rough time when I was pregnant. On top of my nausea I had debilitating stomach pains (got put on an Rx proton pump inhibitor) and I seriously fear having another child. You will get through this though, just keep thinking about the precious reward you will receive at the end of your pregnancy :-). I know it's hard to think that way in the beginning when you are feeling so ill but it is all worth it in the end.

I had phenergan and protonix and let me tell you they worked wonders. Especially the protonix which completely cut out all pain/acid I was having.

I was on Zoloft throughout my pregnancy. It was a low dose and my baby is fine. The structure is what helped me the most. I couldn't leave the dinning hall if I didnt eat something. I was also assigned a nutritionist and had to attend a minimum amount of meetings and therapy sessions. Not eating only makes the nausea worse, I know it feels safer not to eat but your body needs it. Don't worry about being labeled anything. I feared they would take my baby too, but that's an irrational thought. Unless you plan on hurting yourself or the baby that will not be an issue. I think that you should try to get any help you can, I know how desPerate you feel and the further down you fall the longer it takes to climb back up. As far as controlling the morning sickness I had a nurse come and helP me with breathing techniques or relaxation methods. It really did help
    Last edited by bebzorg; 12-19-2011 at 08:04 PM.

I agree with bebzorg. The less you eat, the worse you feel. I started out trying to avoid food but then once I realized that food actually helped I would nibble on things throughout the day. I also agree about seeking help. If you are not a danger to yourself or the child they are not going to take the baby away. If you need the help, def go get it!

I definitely am getting my tubes tied after this! I had protonix before, when my ulcers were bleeding. I don't remember much of the 3 days I was in the hospital Cuz I had surgery right before they gave it to me. Idk if what I'm even feeling is nausea or what it is...I just don't like things happening in my stomach that I'm not use to. I'm just so scared.. im only 6 weeks pregnant ...I've got about 34 weeks left. that's a long time... its hard to think "soon" it will be over and I will have my beautiful baby...Cuz it wont be soon! ugh

But you won't feel this way the entire time! You only have to deal with morning sickness for like six more weeks! And if you are not sure if you feel nausea than it probably is not nausea. Have you gotten sick in the past six weeks?

no. I haven't got sick in the past 15 years ...but. I keep thinking "this is it."

Gossh i so feel that way sometimes. I thought i was the only one who thought "this is it" Do you ever get the feeling "It just feels like im going to tonight, somthing about the enviroment makes you feel like this is the time" I know what you mean, but its never the case! lol : p

Well if you haven't gotten morning sickness by now you probably won't get it. You are probably mistaking excitement and anxiety for nausea. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by DylanRichards View Post
    Gossh i so feel that way sometimes. I thought i was the only one who thought "this is it" Do you ever get the feeling "It just feels like im going to tonight, somthing about the enviroment makes you feel like this is the time" I know what you mean, but its never the case! lol : p
    Yeah I feel like that almost every night! Sometimes I am totally fine and suddenly become very aware of my stomach and think what is it trying to tell me? Do I have to Puke?! But I never do!

Thats what im feeling right now! Im really nervous cause alot of my friends have the flu right now =[ I feel like tonight could be the night.

thanks guys. I'm just so worried. it's like nothing can console me..ugh

Were all here with ya.

We will all be okay! we gotta do this together! anybody want to go in chat? Im kinda crappy right now too.

Quote Originally Posted by afraid213 View Post
    thanks guys. I'm just so worried. it's like nothing can console me..ugh
    I know how you feel, when I found out I was preggo with both my kids I freaked out I was so worried about morning sickness. I just informed myself on natural ways to ease morning sickness and followed them steadily! I only had 1 bout with the 2nd child and I was just overly exhausted so I laid down took a nap and was fine! If you need meds take them, it doesnt do you or the baby good if you aren't putting nourishment into your body! And I always tell myself ( cause I'm still nursing my 16 month old) the healthier I eat the healthier my baby is, so if you are eating healthy think of all the good stuff your baby is getting!!!!