Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need some support today :(

My stomach was on and off hurting yesterday but this morning it's non stop.

I've had one large and sort of loose bm* and I feel really quite n*. I've taken a peppermint capsule and 10mg of Phenergan but the stomach and n* combination I'm seriously struggling with.

Please help. I'm worried because I thought it was my lactose intolerance yesterday but now I'm not sure. Im at work too and have done well this year with my sickness leave but don't want to ruin it now. Any support throughout the day would be majorly appreciated. Sorry to ask so
    Much of you all again. Xxxx

Default Re: Need some support today :(

i think if it was a sv you would have been s by now.......usually comes on very quickly. sounds like maybe it is your lactose intolerance acting up.......or do you have ibs?

if you took phenergan you will prolly be asleep soon......that stuff knocks me out.

try and find a good distraction in the meantime.......i'm sure you will be just fine.....anxiety sucks .....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Definitely doesn't sound like anything other than anxiety to me- you'll be fine. Don't forget that all the things you're feeling now occur when you're anxious, not when you're unwell. Find comfort in this x

Thank you so much for your replies.

I do have IBS yes, and if that's what all this is, I just can't cope. This is every day. I try and eat healthy and take supplements and natural remedies for my tummy but I don't understand why I'm panicking every single day and suffering. I know it sounds selfish but what have I done to be in pain everyday that there's nothing anyone can do about?

I just want a nice Christmas. My anxiety ruined it last year and I didnt want this happening again.

I know this fear can ruin so many things for us....and to be honest it sounds completely like anxiety only reason I say that is because I understand how our minds work...like you told yourself I'm going to try to be normal and positive, so now your mind is messing with you to see "how you handle it"! You will be fine try taking a walk and let your mind wander tithe good thIngs! You will be fine relax and breathe!

That's a good way to think f it - I always feel I'm being tested, lol!

I'm trying so hard to get through, I want a good Christmas. It's the bm* that seem to really be getting to me. I HATE anxiety big time.

Okay so what the heck is with my stomach today?!

I've been to the loo several times today and each time I've gone, I've needed a bm* which has been getting looser and looser throughout the day and also smells. That is RANK I know, but normally it doesn't! I've now eaten my tea and my stomach is all gurgly and has been hruting on and off all day plus I've got really bad n* at times.

I really don't want to be coming down with something for Christmas

You won't be coming down with anything, I can assure you - you're very anxious at the moment which explains the unsettled tummy and bm*s. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself to be well on Christmas day - I know we all want to be, but the more you tell yourself you 'have' to be the more you'll focus on every tiny weenie thing that feels 'wrong', which will set you off again.

How are you feeling today?