Hi there, my names Mandy, I'm new to the site and to be honest I feel quite excited by this site, never did I ever think that there would be a forum to discuss my phobia, and to be honest I didn't even know until today that the phobia of vomiting actually had a name! Anyway here's my story, hope it's not too long but I hope you can relate to it and give any guidance and help as it would be appreciated no end

I'm 35 and can honestly say that this phobia has affected my life from about the age of 10 on a daily basis, due to a severe bout of sickness around this time. 10 years old, vomitting so badly that I couldn't call out for anyones help, and blacking out, it was a very scary moment, especially at such a young age, and one that has left me mentally scared. So as I have got older the phobia has increased in severity and has now got to a point that it making me feel slightly mad! I have tried therapy but this didn't work for me and am looking for new ways to overcome this phobia as it does at times take over. This time of year is just the worst, sickness bugs everywhere, I dread my son coming home from school and telling me he feels sick. If he's sick I cannot help him and my husband has to take over there's no feeling in the world than that of not being to help your child, when your child is in pain and discomfort from vomitting and he's reaching out for you crying for you and all I can do is cry, I have to turn away from him, it's heart breaking. That's why I have had enough now and need to look at cures. Throughout my pregnancy I had constant nausea and during birth I was vomitting severely, even my son at an early age was quite a sicky child but despite having to face my phobia at these times my phobia has never really improved.

The things I tend to do are, obsessive cleaning, over cooking all meat, avoiding anyone who has been sick, if I know I am going to be sick I have to have certain items with me, obsessed with asking those around me how they are if they have hinted that they feel nauseous, avoiding alcohol, I cannot bare to see anyone being sick and only in the last few years have I managed to watch people on hospital dramas being sick!!! I am sure you can all probably relate to these things but I just wondered if anyone has any coping strategies for their phobia.

Thanks for reading
Mandy x