Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Go home!! I don't want to catch it!

Sorry, in need of a rant! Why oh why do people come into work when they feel SICK! There's one woman at my place of work who regularly comes into work complaining of an upset stomach and feeling nauseous! Firstly, why come into work and secondly why tell me when you know about my phobia! She's gone home now but am annoyed that she came in, it's unfair of people to do that, it's no wonder these things spread like wildfire this time of year! !!!

Give me strength!

Rant over, sorry but some people just have no common sense!

Mandy x

Default Re: Go home!! I don't want to catch it!

Uh, it's beyond me why anyone would do that.... I suppose it's that "I'm not going to let my illness get in the way of my job" mentality that so many people seem to have these days. These sorts of people don't view v* in the way we do, and as such seem to assume that we're all as blasé about it as them. It's really bloody selfish - I'm the first person to take a day off work when I'm feeling under the weather, even if my colleagues give me stick for it when I get back!!

I hate when people do that. But like in my downgrade case he has no choice and its stupid, he works at a bread bakery, if he calls in he will get fired no matter what last fall when he had a bug he called in they said if he didn't show up he'd be fired. Now not only is hr union but its against ocea. Lame. Some people do it cause they need the money. Grr get over it, in the end everything will work out right?!

Maybe its something chronic she has.. ibs, chrones etc
    LIVE OUT YOUR DREAM TODAY, BECAUSE TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME.

For real! Last Saturday a boy left the Christmas Pageant rehearsal at my mom's church because he wasn't feeling well. His mom (WHO IS A NURSE!) brought him back the next day (still sick, mind you) to be in the Pageant. My little sister was also in it and she's now come down with it. I can only imagine how many kids (and possibly adults) he infected, all because mom doesn't think a 24 hour bug is a big deal. And within a week of Christmas!

This happened a few years ago too, a boy was sick for the rehearsal and Pageant and most of the church ended up sick for Christmas Eve and Christmas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Asianeko, this is exactly the same at my sons school! As a rule they say 48 hours clear from D & V! To my suprise when the TEACHER caught it she came back earlier than 48 hours clear as I overheard her telling someone when she was last sick! For goodness sake, if the teachers can't lead by example! I have seen many parents return their children to school well before this 48 hour rule, it's just silly as these bugs circulate so easily, especially in a school environment. I find it frustrating x

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean5 View Post
    Asianeko, this is exactly the same at my sons school! As a rule they say 48 hours clear from D & V! To my suprise when the TEACHER caught it she came back earlier than 48 hours clear as I overheard her telling someone when she was last sick! For goodness sake, if the teachers can't lead by example! I have seen many parents return their children to school well before this 48 hour rule, it's just silly as these bugs circulate so easily, especially in a school environment. I find it frustrating x
    The other annoying thing, and many non emets find it annoying too, is that is can be almost completely avoided if everyone just practiced basic hygiene!

You may find these links helpful!

a neighbour of mine sent her child to school after he'd v'd the night before, he was still feeling unwell in the morning with stomach and headache and hadn't eaten anything! She told me all this after the school bus had left with my my son sitting next to hers!! Que several days of worry from me. I just wanted to chase after that bus and get my boy off! Even if I wasn't emet I would have thought this terrible, even cruel. It's not as if she has to work, she just didn't want him interupting her daytime tv viewing!

I get SO ANGRY at people who don't seem to care about what germs they spread to others. It really really upsets me. It's so damn selfish, especially if they know that you suffer from Emet. It's simple - WASH YOUR HANDS. If everyone washed their hands like we all do, nobody would catch sv*! It's common sense, yet people don't seem to think about the consequences of their actions. /end of rant, lol.

Ughhhh people suck! Plain and simple!!!!!! My good friends were just a birthday...that I wasn't...somebody brought their sick kid (not a sv* but the full on flu) and now so many kids that were there are sick!!! My friends lil boy , mind you he is 16 months, was so sick...coughing, 104 temp, v*ing, running nose...he ended up having double ear infection, and a whole hunch of other things ALL because of the ignorance of someone else! I could slap some moms!

Quote Originally Posted by driftinggoddess View Post
    I hate when people do that. But like in my downgrade case he has no choice and its stupid, he works at a bread bakery, if he calls in he will get fired no matter what last fall when he had a bug he called in they said if he didn't show up he'd be fired. Now not only is hr union but its against ocea. Lame. Some people do it cause they need the money. Grr get over it, in the end everything will work out right?!

Maybe its something chronic she has.. ibs, chrones etc
    Please tell me what bread factory your hubby works for cause I will no longer buy their bread that is bullshit, they make workers go to work with a sv* and possibly containment all that bread!

I don't understand how these parents can let their child go to school ALONE when they,re sick. Don't they worry that the kid might be scared if he gets sick on the bus or something?

My daughter v from a cold last tuesday and I still kept her home 48 hrs even though it was just the once and I knew it was just mucus...I would still hate the thought of her spreading her horrible cold around.
    I worked at burger king for a few awful months in my teens, I hated it because I was being bullied there so one day I called in sick saying I had the sv (I wasnt too ad emet back then, but would never dream of jinxing myself with this excuse now) and was told they needed me in or they would find someone to replace me - I quit that day and found another job.

Some people are so selfish. I and another colleague at work take immune suppressants and we have to deal with other people's ill children. Not just vomit, but some of the little ones (4-7 year olds) cough or sneeze right in your face, because they haven't been taught basic manners either.

Tell me about it! people round where I live are really disgusting, not only is there always pools of v on the streets, but I see people spitting everywhere. Last wednesday I was walking along the road, & I saw 3 people gob on the pavement in just 50 yards. No wonder bugs spread so fast in this country.

My pet hate is people spitting in the street! I just don't understand why they feel the need to do it. Apart from the infection risk, it's just disgustingly bad manners!

In the work place, the problem is almost always with the employer. I think most people who are sick with a sv* don't want to be at work, they'd prefer to be at home. If the employer encourages, or even requires, employees to come in sick, though, then employees are always going to come in sick because they feel like they don't have a choice. Actually a well-publicized lawsuit by an employee terminated by a food service or nursing home provider for missing work because of noro would go a long way. Can you imagine the terrible publicity for the employer? Employer X puts community at risk by forcing sick and contagious employees to come into work ...

Putting your kid back in school, or any relatively optional activity, immediately after having a sv* is awful. Totally agree there.

Sometimes you just need to go to work. I'll have heartburn/upset stomach and will still go to class because we are graded on attendance. If you all just wash your hands at your workplace it's all you can do... I just wanted to say I've been one of those people who has gone to work not feeling that well. It doesn't mean I was contagious!
    ☮ ♥ emma