Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Probably my worst nightmare.

I'm brand new to this forum, but I've been an emet for almost 10 years now.

Currently, I'm living in a community of about 60 women, and I'm living through my worst nightmare because a virus has sprung up and it is spreading around like crazy. It's been going on since Saturday night, and I'm in a complete panic about it. I've been washing my hands constantly ( to the point they're getting really dry and cracking), I'm scared to touch door handles or TV remotes, I'm in a panic when I touch the spoon handles on the serving line at meal times I'm really nervous about who I sit with at meals, because I don't know if they'll be the next one to catch it or are carrying the germs, and I'm sitting too close. I'm absolutely obsessing about it. All I really want to do is hide in my room until this whole thing passes, but I know I can't actually do that.

It's all absolutely ridiculous, I know it is. I know I won't die if I do catch it and get sick. But I still can't bring myself to calm down about it. I'm as careful as I can be, washing my hands, being careful about what I touch, making sure I'm not touching my face or mouth-- but it's at the cost of me being overly anxious and worried. I'm thankfully not like this constantly, but this time of year gets me all worked up, and especially as soon as anyone I know comes down with it- then I really start to panic.

I'd give almost anything to have this not worry me as much as it does. But it helps knowing I'm not the only one like this.

Default Re: Probably my worst nightmare.

Like a dorm or retirement community? The best advice i can give is to keep washing your hands. I know the virus can spread quick in small communities but im sure you will be fine.