Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all, I thought I was out of the woods last night, but as I went to go to sleep, I went to the bathroom and has a sudden urg to v. I quickly took a compazine and some Emetrol, but faught the nausea for about 7 hours. I fell asleep, and slept from 8am till 8pm. I kept soaking through my jammies and kept having to change. I finally started getting d' tonight, and have horrid stomach cramps and a stomach ache, but the nausea is more or less under control. My mom keeps saying "I wish you would just v'" well, mom, it's not that easy. Even if I wanted to (which I don't) I don't know if I could, I have not done it in 13 years.

I have no idea how I got the sv, that's what's bothering me the most. Or even if it is it, in a way I hope it is because then I know it will be over soon. If the stomach pain isn't done soon, I'm going to go nuts. It is bringing me to tears.Edited by: ChippedAway

I am sorry that you are feeling so miserable. You seem to be handling everything very well, though. Just try really hard to get some rest. It does sound like the sv to me. My friend described hers the same way you did yours. She only v* once, (and that was durring the onset of the illness)but she doesn't fight that stuff. She said the pain was awful, but it only lasted a couple of days and then she was fine.

Hang in there. I am proud of you, you seem to really be holding together.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I am sorry you are sick, and on top of everything else you had to go through the past couple of days. That really just sucks. Hopefully the worse is over, and things will only get better. I will say a prayer for you. Feel Better.

Michele
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Aww hunn, I'm really sorry your feeling under the weather. I remember
    when I had my stomach bug back in December how sick I felt, and yes, I
    ended up v*ing, I hadn't done it in years, but even during the actual
    act of v*ing I felt relief. I'm not saying that you will v*, Im just
    saything that if you do, the fear and the nausea is worse than the act
    itself. However, I highly doubt that you will because you have diarreah
    so its coming out that end instead, and you would have most likely done
    it by now. I know how it feels not to know why you feel sick: it kills,
    and adds to your anxiety. So just decide that its the stomach flu (or
    something you ate or whatever) and stick to it, then you won't question
    it, and you will know that this WILL end, because it will.

Feel better soon, hun!

[img]uploads/images/sunshine16/ZB7_card2_balloons.gif[/img]

I am so sorry you are sick!! I hope it goes away soon--I'm soooo glad you didn't v*--contrary to your mom[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]!!! Let us know how you are doing!!

Im sorry that you are feeling so bad. If you are having diarrhea now though, it sounds like the "bug" is out of your stomach. I hope that you get to feeling better very soon!!!!

You're being very brave! I'm proud of you and hope you feel much better soon!</span>

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

I hope you are feeling better. You have already been through alot this week.

Hope you feel better soon! That sounds terrible. Hope there's victory in the battle. Free Zebra hug for you! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Hang in there!

-Zebra

Thanks everyone, I am feeling tons better today. I could tell around 2 am that the stomach cramps stopped and was able to straighten my legs out when I slept. I woke up around noon and felt pretty good. Had some diet coke (stirred so the carbonation goes down) and crackers, and then around 4pm had an Arbys sandwich, all of which are sitting pretty good.

I am glad to be through it, but hindsight I wish I was able to vomit. I probably would have felt better sooner and it would be one step up on emet. but I guess I am not ready for that yet. I haven't had any compazine in almost 24 hours, so that's good too, normally I'd be taking it for days after.

You guys are the best, thanks so much!Edited by: ChippedAway

Are you sure it was a sv? You really havent been around anyone have you? I did not realize you were still in the hospital...you poor thing!

I'm so glad you're okay now! I'm sorry, I wasn't here when you were going through all this! It must have been torture! I also didn't realize that you were in the hospital...I hope you're okay. Are you home now?

By the way, you did such a great job handling that! On the first post you didn't even seem that panicky!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I am pretty sure it was the sv, I suppose it could be something else, but ran the same course as the sv. I'm not sure HOW I got it,.

When I first got the urge to vomit, I panicked pretty badly. The thought of doing it in a bucket repulses me, so I was on the bathroom floor bawling and bawling, praying that I wouldn't get sick, that I wasn't ready.Edited by: ChippedAway

I am so glad you are feeling better. It probably was a sv, but you get
    it in a different way. You had all the symptoms except for the
    v*** which you were able to will away.

Stella

feel better sweetie