Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: contagious

Default contagious

Ok, so i have read on here many times that you have to actually ingest so many particles of the virus in order to actually catch it. So does that mean you have to eat it? Swallow it? Is that true in all cases? I am wondering because I caught a sv from my baby once and then my other 2 boys came down with it 2 days after me and i didnt make them food or touch them. I didnt V at all, I took antiemetics and although my stomach hurt really bad i didnt V. So they never came in contact with the V that way. I caught it I am sure from changing the baby's diaper and him spitting up on me. But how did the other 2 boys get it? And my live in helper caught it as well. She was taking care of the baby and other 2 boys while i was sick. She was the last one to catch it. She didnt clean up after the boys when they got sick. The baby was over it when I caught it. So if she was exposed it was at the same time i was. Just wondering what the real deal is. Are there any forms of SV that are airborne?

Default Re: contagious

It could happen from not properly washing your hands after having d**. Like it could have been on the flusher or the door knob and a tiny bit got left on their hand after washing and then they ingested it.

That or after changing the baby's diaper you touched a door knob then it spread...and the virus CAN live on hard surfaces for up to 2 weeks, and CAN remain in stools for up to 2 weeks...do even after you were done being sick you could have passed it on..

Well, yeah I know that I could have spread it after changing the baby's diaper. The problem is I am OCD about washing my hands. I ALWAYS wash my hands for about a minute and scrub each finger nail and underneath each fingernail. I would think that I would have been pretty clean.
    Is any of this stuff airborne?

There isn't any that I know of being airborne...all that I have read about are only through ingestion...I would say it was actually spread by the baby...maybe the baby put it's hands down there then touched toys or what not...or after changing you touched the light switch...or if the baby vomited and you were close by (I mean really close) that is the only way it can be airborne...