Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: V* outside :(

Default V* outside :(

I walked past some today - as soon as I saw it I dashed to the other side of the road (holding my breath) - will I be OK? It was outside and near a pub, so I'm hoping and praying it's something to do with the Christmas festivities...

I promise you that you will be fine, dont even give it a 2nd thought. Its xmas party time so i should imagine theres nasty little vile piles outside many pubs, clubs and restaurants! Even if it was catchy vomit the germs cant jump out for you to breathe in. I have done the same as you tho, i run across the road and always hold my breath, logical thinking kicks in and i calm down and realise that it cant do me any harm at all except its another horrible vomit on the street sight thats added to my memory. Funny how my mind remembers a pile of vomit i saw on way to school 20 years ago but not the algebra i learnt at school!

Default Re: V* outside :(

I know! It's like my brain takes a little photo of it and sets it as a permanent screen-saver :|

Default Re: V* outside :(

I know that I can`t catch anything from v in the street, but it really does gross me out. It makes me wish that humans were unable to v, like rodents, I mean, I don`t think that we would come to any harm if we did`nt v.

I dont know hairyfairy? My friends lil boy had an op as a toddler due to really bad reflux (it was so bad he had to be fed pureed food direct though a tube) he can now never vomit, the little flap only now lets food down not up, he caught a sv early this year and gagged and dry heaved for hours, it was awful for him. I dont know what would be worse dry heaving or actual vomiting. I know what you are saying tho, if a sv or bad food caused just d i would be happy with that!