Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Being in the service business with sick clients

ok so Im a hairstylist and right now this VERY second, I have someone who is processing... she sits in my chair as I start to apply her color and says she has felt sick all day and that she feels like throwing up... I was like "Seriously? Are you ok? Are you sure you want me to put this color on?" and she said yes but now Im like panicking and I have to remain professional and not be a crazy emetaphob right now... EVERYONE is talking about this STUPID TERRIFYING stomach virus...Im disinfecting the salon with barbicide and washing my hands but Im just so sick of it RULING my life. I just want to get this lady out of here...

I hate having to wash out her hair with her breathing up at me... she keeps saying shes dizzy and grabbing her stomach... killme

Im disinfecting the ENTIRE PLACE and MYSELF when she leaves

Default Re: Being in the service business with sick clients

It is so rude when people do that! If she was really that sick though I doubt she would have wanted to come get her hair done. Try to be calm and wash your hands and everything...
    I hope she leaves soon!

thanks.
    Ya she left but totally felt like she was gonna get sick.. I was terrified.. DONT COME TO A SALON AND MAKE PEOPLE TOUCH YOU WHEN YOUR SICK...
    She said she was very dizzy and had a headache... Im hoping that it was the headache that was making her naseaous...I just CANT deal with the idea of it right now...earlier today I had a guy go into detail about how horrible getting food poisoning was once... I CANT STAND IT... I feel like if that happened to me I would just kill myself... I feel like I wouldnt be able to handle the fear!

I need people that say...its not as bad as you think...or in the moment theres no panic.... something that gives me hope!
    I just feel like every day im just "waiting" to see if I get the SV

I'm a Hairstylist as well. I so understand and feel your pain. Believe me.

My sis-in-law is a hairdresser with a salon in her home and yes, she had an old woman come in, tell her she feels sick, and got sick in her trash pail!!! My sis-in-law was NOT happy...she is not emet but was still a little freaked out. She has also had an old woman have d* and had to help her get cleaned up (sorry for the graphic). I don't know how she does it...

Honestly... I am freaking out right now because I feel off and was exposed yesterday...

But I had the stomach flu last Christmas. The absolute worst part of it was waiting for the v* to begin, and knowing it was probably going to happen. That was the scariest part.

Once I actually got sick, I was like, okay that was gross alright, but not scary. It happened about 8 or 9 times throughout the night and then the next day I was fine. The worst part was that my whole body hurt because of my fever.

So... it's a very uncomfortable sickness. But the worst part is the waiting - not the actual v* itself. If that helps?
    ☮ ♥ emma

If I caught a sv, I would do everthing that I could to avoid vting, because that`s the worst part, not nausea. I just can`t stand the loss of control that comes with vting.