Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down URGENT! Need advice NOW please!!

Okay so, I may have been exposed to the sv* bug around 72 hours ago. (I say MAY because my friend came round to my house and happened to mention that her brother's daughter had a tummy bug). Anyway, today, I've been eating fine and my BM's have been completely normal. However, I've started to have some abdominal cramps (really low down) and my urine is a little bit cloudy. I do have a headache but I've woken up with one every day for the past few days due to me stressing about this bug thing. (That's my theory anyway). Just as a side-note: I do not suffer with abdominal cramps when I'm on my period, but I have stopped taking my pill because I'm changing my method of birth control. (I stopped taking them a few days ago, so I've already had a period very recently). So what do you guys think? I'm SO SO scared that I have the sv* bug.

Default Re: URGENT! Need advice NOW please!!

i doubt very much that you were exposed through your friend visiting. maybe you need to use the bathroom again......i dont think cloudy urine is a sv symptom.......sounds like maybe you need to drink more water.

try some hot tea for the cramping....or heating pad.......try not to worry about it.......stress could easily be the cause...hope you feel better
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've drunk quite a lot of water today, but I'll keep drinking it. Thanks for the adivce, I think I'll get myself a hot water bottle and see if that helps me.

Going off the pill can cause weird things to happen to your body if I had to guess why u were having cramps that would be my guess it's very possible that you are ovulating for the first time since being off the pill and that can cause cramps

Quote Originally Posted by coolpk2003 View Post
    Going off the pill can cause weird things to happen to your body if I had to guess why u were having cramps that would be my guess it's very possible that you are ovulating for the first time since being off the pill and that can cause cramps
    That would make sense! Thanks for your advice.

Abdominal cramps + cloudy urine = possible bladder infection. I get those every now and then. Drink lots of water and see if that helps, you could also be dehydrated! Doesn't sound like an sv* to me