Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default can't believe this is happening to me :'( - MAY BE GRAPHIC

Sorry for the panic post guys but I'm really, really scared we had a little christmas party last night at ours with some friends - everyone got pretty merry including one friend in particular...she ended up passing out on the sofa at about midnight, and slept through the rest of the party. As I was going to bed last night I heard her get up to use the toilet, and when she cameout she went back to bed. I went in after her and found a bag of v* on the floor :'( so, thinking "it's just alcohol s*, this is good for me" I helped pick the bag up and move it and thought nothing more of the matter. This morning my friend is still being s* - she said she 'never' gets s* with hangovers she's been ill 4 times so far, and she's in a pretty bad way. Is this a sv?! Oh god, right before christmas - I'm literally sat in my car on my own crying, this is just awful :'( my christmas is ruined. Wish I could disappear for a few months..

Default Re: can't believe this is happening to me :'( - MAY BE GRAPHIC

sounds like little alcohol poisoning to me...if she passed out and missed the rest of the party she must have been pretty wasted, its no surprise that she's v* quite a bit. plenty of people v* more than a few times when they've been drinking so i would put it down to that tbh.

You think so? Even though she made a point of saying " I'm never s* with a hangover"? I mean, yeah, she drank a lot - but not significantly more drunk than she's been before.. She's been in and out of the toilet about 5 times since 9 this morning, does that still sound like a hangover? :/

yeah i do think so... She obviously drank alot (maybe on an empty stomach) and it was enough to make her crash out and miss the most of the party, if you think about it...thats not right, you've gotta be pretty wasted to do that!!

so i reckon she was a lot more drunk than she let on. Sounds like too much alcohol needing to get out of her system.

My friends hubby is ALWAYS s* with a hangover and each and everytime I freak out! but i'm very very sure its the hangover! :-)

Bex i think it is alcohol poisoning too, loads of people say oh i dont get hangovers, fact is if you drink too much or mix drinks you will get sick. My daughter went to a barbecue at her friends in the summer, she drank a bottle of vodka and was carried home by friends, she couldnt walk, she was out of it. We put her to bed with a bowl, i kept checking her and so did her friend who stayed over. She woke up at 5.30 and projectile vomited before she even opened her eyes. She vomited for the next 8 hours, i was just getting ready to take her to a&e when she stopped. She learnt her lesson and hasnt drunk since, she cant even use alcohol mouthwash. And im proud to say i looked after her, my worry overcame emet panic. Dont worry bex and i hope you have a fantastic christmas day.

Thanks so much for the replies I'm still a bit scared because she was being s* up until she left at 12 (every half hour or so) and couldn't keep any food down. Is this normal? Sorry to keep on, but I'd been doing so well so far this month and now I feel like I can't really relax over Christmas because of the dreaded 72-hour countdown..
    I hope you have a great day too, Becca really appreciate the support.

Bex

Now I'm paranoid that she fell asleep because she was getting ill

I got low grade alcohol poisoning and got sick a lot. My friends have also drank way too much and gotten sick in the morning and felt terrible all day. I really think that she just drank waaaaay too much.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Yeah, I hope so I just know she's not a s* person with hangovers, so it scared me. She was mixing vodka, red wine and white wine in the same glaas :/ aside from that sounding absolutely vile, I can't imagine it did her that much good. She wasn't falling-over drunk though... I wish it hadn't happened, it's all I can think about. Every time I relex and think about happy, Christmassy things there's a nagging thought iin the back of my head reminding me that I have a reason NOT to be so happy. It's really rubbish

Definitely from the alcohol. It happens even when it's not normal for that person. It depends on the types of alcohol she drank too. Her body was not able to handle it all. Yuck.
    ☮ ♥ emma

wine and vodka?? that's a recipe for disaster! I myself can't even drink wine alone because it gives me hangovers, so mixing those three together must've been the cause!

Just because she never got sick before doesn't mean it can't happen. Hangovers are just as bad as having a sv in my opinion. You have to treat alcohol poisoning the same way you'd treat a sv*, a lot of v* and d* can occur, shaking, chills, headache, dizziness and dehydration. I've had alcohol poisoning a couple times and a sv* was a walk in the park compared to being sick the next day from alcohol. I think your friend had a little too much.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Mixing for me is a recipe for sick

Thanks everyone Merry Christmas to you all, I wish you a happy, anxiety-free day x