Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Could I catch something?

On Christmas Day while eating my dinner, my sister in law (to be) mentioned how her boyfriend had had the bug. By this I assume she means the sv*.

He wasn't with us Christmas Day but I just want to understand what my chances are. I'm not sure if she saw him Christmas Eve, but it's quite likely as she just passed her driving test and shee keeps popping out to him him and stuff. She then did go and see him Christmas Day in the afternoon.

Then yesterday, Boxing Day, we went to my other half's grandparents and eventually, everyone shows up including my sister in laws boyfriend. So now I'm in a panic.

What are my chances? My other half knows my worries, and washed his hands when he got home but while we were out he was touching his face and eating chocolate so I'm worried he's going to catch it and pass it to me.

Default Re: Could I catch something?

Great.

I'm now home, after seeing my other half's family in the city again. I have quite a bad stomach ache and a headache that won't shift, which is unusual for me.

I'm also reading on Facebook how two separate families are v*. I hate that site sometimes...

I have to go back to work tomorrow and am panicking.

I'm sure you will be ok...it's highly unlikely. He would have to be very unhygienic to pass it after being sick, he would have to have a bowel movement and not wash his hands! And I know how you feel about facebook it's the devil sometimes!!!

Well I have heard his family aren't too fabulous in that department... they don't sort of do things as a family (my sister in law says they're a bit strange) so that seriously worries me.

Plus I've just now been for ANOTHER bm* which slightly mucusy (sorry TMI!!) and I STILL have stomach ache which makes me feel like I'm going to have d* soon. I am petrified and seriously panicking. The n* is coming on as well...

The n* is coming on because you are panicking...try to do something to relax your mind. It's highly doubtful he brought anything over, think of everything he had to touch on his way, I doubt there would be any virus left. Just try a nice warm shower or bath pop in a funny movie and relax it will do you do good!

You're always so kind, Im sorry I'm panicking... I just can't cope with the stomach pain and the n* and the counting down to see if I get anything. ):

Thank you! I just try to think as positive as I can, I freak out too but then I slap rationality into myself !!!! Do try to relax and rest, anxiety can wear your body down and your body needs to be healthy!

I'm trying to relax and even going to try have some dinner. Fingers crossed. ): x