Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am a little worried about my best friend... since she had her baby nearly 3 years ago she has had one stomach bug after another. She's had three this year and it's only March! I spoke to her last night and she said she'd been really ill AGAIN the weekend just gone. And last year she had giardia!

I'm not especially worried about catching anything from her - she lives 80 miles away so we only meet up every few months - but I amquite worried about her. She doesn't seem to have any kind of phobia about it but she's getting a bit fed up. Why is this happening? I can understand that giving birth might depress the immune system but that was three years ago!I wonder if she keeps catching it from her little boy, or if the giardia infection didn'tclear despitetreatment?

I love her so much but I'm becoming a bit apprehensive about going to stay with her in the future! And I don't feelI can start lecturing her about washing hands, that would sound so condescending! Idon't suppose there's anything I can really do, I only wondered if anyone has any suggestions...

It sounds like she may have some other underlying condition other than it just being a bug after another. It could be nerves or it could be the Giardia infection has not left her system, but after a year I would wonder. Try not to worry and maybe suggest she see a dr to try and find out what is truly wrong.

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's what I was going to suggest. There is probably something else going on that she needs to get checked out.
    \"This too shall pass\"