Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help me!! Severe emet!!

Hi I am new here, I've suffered from emet for around 13 years but only started getting panic attacks and anxiety the last 3 years. I have anxiety all day every day my stomach aches all the time and I have a constant lump in my throat. Even when I notice sv* going around on FB it scares me and I go into major panic! I HATE this phobia and I HATE how it rules and controls my life! My son starts nursery soon and I am petrified that he will catch loads of bugs! My partner does not support. When I have a panic attack I cannot bring myself out of it I either have to see my mum or my friend, I hate being on my own!! Please help me! Does anyone have any advice for me?
    Thank you

Default Re: help me!! Severe emet!!

Are you on any medication ? it's not ideal but sometimes when it's so bad it's best to have something for a while.

I'm just on anti anxiety pills

I know I have been scared of vomiting for as long as I can remember and I was handling it while going to school. but now I feel like I am just waiting for it to happen.

i know how bad it is and i feel for you. have you ever thought about getting help?
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I would suggest getting help and including your partner in on your help! They will never truly understand what you go through but they need to try!