Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation So livid, I need to share!

I am in south Carolina, on vacation. We are celebrating Christmas late with family, so there is this young girl about 3 and she is nasty. The family calls and goes oh hope has had a bad fever for a day now, if it breaks well come! I was like ew theres elderly here that's so not right. But whatever she probably just has a cold. They get here after a 2hr drive and she comes in touching things and putting her hands in her mouth, and then her dad goes it was a tough ride before we got in the car she was v* all morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wtf.

Are you serious people!

Well needless to say I'm in a room all alone drugged up on kolnopin.

Default Re: So livid, I need to share!

People are so inconsiderate! I will never understand some parents.

Well, it's not the 3 yr old's fault for God's sake! You say "she's nasty"...that's just wrong. The parents are idiots for bringing a vomiting child, yes, but it's not the poor girls fault! I have a 3 yr old and she is so young and innocent...she has no idea...if she was sick and I brought her somewhere (which I never would) it would be my fault, not hers. Kids get sick, it's a part of life, but it doesn't make them "nasty". Parents, however, need to have more consideration for their sick child who probably doesn't wanna be there anyways, and the other people who will be at the party.

People are ignorant.

I meant she is nasty as in she has v* on her and she is very dirty! No that is not her fault! I Understand that, I was saying that in a panic and didn't explain. If you are going to hard on me and criticize me while I'm upset please don't respond. That's just as bad as me making the mistake of improper wording.

Quote Originally Posted by jennnh View Post
    I meant she is nasty as in she has v* on her and she is very dirty! No that is not her fault! I Understand that, I was saying that in a panic and didn't explain. If you are going to hard on me and criticize me while I'm upset please don't respond. That's just as bad as me making the mistake of improper wording.
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I just know a lot of people on here blame kids for getting sick, when really, it's the parents who are at fault for bringing sick kids out in public. I didn't mean to upset you...sorry again!

Thank you for your appology

I hate when parents do that to their kids. If the kid is sick, I'm pretty sure (like an adult) they don't want to be riding around in a car and then be stuck with a bunch of people at a family get-together. Some parents are not only inconsiderate of other people, they're also inconsiderate of their own child(ren) because they're selfish and don't want to miss out.

Keep in mind that most things kids vomit from you have immunity to.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
    I hate when parents do that to their kids. If the kid is sick, I'm pretty sure (like an adult) they don't want to be riding around in a car and then be stuck with a bunch of people at a family get-together. Some parents are not only inconsiderate of other people, they're also inconsiderate of their own child(ren) because they're selfish and don't want to miss out.

Keep in mind that most things kids vomit from you have immunity to.

I guess this is what i was trying to say in my first post...we as adults don't like when we are sick and would never go to an event sick (at least us emets wouldn't), and I just don't get why parents bring their poor sick kids to things so they don't have to miss out. It just makes no sense to me.

It shocked me. I was so mad.

We missed my husbands family Christmas because I am ill. Some of them did NOT understand at all and we're upset that we didn't go. Cause I totally enjoy being an emet and love missin my favorite holiday. :-/ I'm really glad we didn't go though. His aunt went and stopped at the hospital on her way home because she has strep throat. I totally would have wanted that. :-/

That is terrible, I would NEVER bring my kids around anyone when they are sick. I won't even bring them around people when they have a cold let alone vomiting all morning. I often wonder what people are thinking? It is sad that they don't want to miss out on fun at the expense of their childs health and everyone else they expose to it as well. So selfish, makes me mad just thinking about it!

People all ages, colors, race & religion should keep their butts home when they are sick!!!!!!! Me being person I am I would have flat out said something to those parents how freaking wrong of them!!! My hubby & I have NOTHING to do with his crazy sister in law & brother for this exact reason their kid was v*ing on thanksgiving 2 years ago and we chose NOT to go to my in laws cause they were going still, ummmm no way even my hubby isn't a emet and he was like why the hell don't they keep their sick kid home, anyways his sister in law three a huge fit and started a bunch of xrap all because her ass didn't want to miss thanksgiving dinner!!! Grrrrrrr people anger me!!!!!

It shocked me, I was floored. Turns out she she just had a bad cough and coughed too hard that morning. She was near me at one point and was boogering all over her face and coughing till she was gagging. I freaked out and was like can some clean this poor child up and have her blow her nose she's choking. The mom just looked at me like I was nuts. It's like um would you want tons of snot all over you while youre struggling to breathe!?!!?

I know exactly how you feel about the boogers and snot. I went to church on Christmas Eve and picked what I thought would be a safe area to sit in...a WHOLE family of about seven coughing, sneezing, snotty kids/parents sat two rows behind me and coughed and gagged for the whole hour and DID NOT COVER THEIR MOUTHS OR NOSES! I've been overdosing on every single one of my vitamins ever since...UGGG! Glad you made it through ok!

This drives me insane. I feel kind of bad saying this but I avoid children like the plague this time of year. Especially kids whose parents don't have the greatest hygiene.

My little cousins came over and I was the same way. We alllll the food up high so they had so have someone else get it for them. If they're getting a cookie, they seem to touch all of them before getting the one they want!

This just makes me feel bad for the poor girl. I'm sure she would MUCH rather be sleeping at home. The parents are inconsiderate to both their child and everyone at the get together. Some people just seem to lack common sense or just don't care much.

The part I feel the worst about is the wellbeing of the little girl. I would never take my daughter out of the house if she was feeling unwell, especially on a long car ride. That would make anyone miserable. The parents were definitely wrong in this situation. Just try to remember that if it's just the 3 year old who's been sick, it could be rotavirus which you are immune to if you are an adult or pretty much 17 and older.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-