Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello, fellow moms (and future moms)!! I am really getting a little nervous--in 2 hrs. I have my glucose tolerance test and I have to drink that dreaded sugar soda. The reason I am nervous: when I drank it when I was pregnant with Haley, I got sooooo nauseated I actually thought I was going to v*. I am just praying that doesn't happen this time! So please, think of me today and wish me luck!!!! Because I also have to get my RhoGam shot today as well, and it really hurts A lOT!!!!!! So my nerves are going to get in the way today and I might not be able to calm down!

Oh, Donna! I hate that you're having to go through that today! That is one of the things that I dread when I am pregnant is the GTT. In fact, a diabetes educator that I work with says they are completely unneccesary. She is a diabetic herself too. So, I am considering refusing to do it once that day comes. I know many people who have done it and it doesn't bother them one bit. You will be fine since you've had it before! Let us know how it goes!

Jess

Donna, Im sorry that you have to go thru that. I wish they didnt have to do all that testing... esp since you had your other two not so long ago. I really loved the orange flavored glucose maybe you could try that it just tastes like a really sweet orange soda, but just remeber that last time you didnt V*** and maybe your body will not respond that way this time. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How well I remember those GTT!! I never had too much of a problem with them, maybe you will get lucky this time and have no trouble!!!! I always drank the orange flavored one. I was told that they have a coke flavored one and a lemon-lime one. I was told by my doctor to stay away from the coke flavored one!!!!

Donna I hope things go well for you today, Im sending only good thoughts your way!!

I remember being really nervous for the test, and I remember being nauseated with my first daughter so I was REALLY nervous for it when I was pregnant with my son but it was fine. Just ask for the drink to be really really cold. I wish you the best!
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

I made it through that--thank you so much!! It wasn't so bad this time, they got a new kind and it's not carbonated, so it didn't feel like the bubbles were going to come back up!! It just tasted like Kool Aid that had too much of the mix in it (or the stuff at the bottom of the pitcher if it's not stirred up so well!!) But, you must read my other topic--"Couldn't possibly. . .freaking out. . ."

I'm glad everything went OK for you as far as the test goes and I'm sorry about the other stuff (from your other post)
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I know you have had it by now...how did you do? I remember that I drank that and thought the same thing but I did just fine!!

You will be fine.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]