Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy please lend support.. i'm feeling worried.

I feel like I've been posting panic threads way too much lately (mostly in the private section) but things have been awful. My stomach has been hurting since the moment I woke up. I thought it was gas pains but I don't think so anymore. I took a Gas-x and that didn't help at all and I haven't felt any bloating either. Just bad pain in my upper stomach all day long with some slight nausea.

I've tried EVERYTHING to make this go away and nothing is working. The only thing thay helped a little was takings 2 Tums but that lasted all of 30 seconds. I also took a Zantac thinking that since the Tums worked then maybe it was heartburn but that didn't help. I can't eat anything, I can only drink water in small sips, and I haven't even been able to nap.

I'm just scared because I have no clue what's causing this. I've been seen by my doctor multiple times for this pain but found no answer after testing. I just need some moral support, I'm really sick and tired of feeling like this all the time with no relief or answers.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Default Re: please lend support.. i'm feeling worried.

are you certain its not trapped wind?? You can get it all over including under ribs and high up. If you start to think about how your posture has been...i bet all this anxiety and panic has made you hold your body and create a lot of tension, these can all contribute to stomach pains.

Long term have you tried doing stretching exercises such as yoga, just to elongate your torso as these can help.

You won't be s* as you don't have the symptoms. you have to remember all the anxiety symptoms, which also include cramping in the upper stomach, so i would imagi ne that this is the problem. Hope you feel better soon x

maybe trying to eat small amounts will make you feel better x

Thank you Lola. Having someone respond means a lot to me. I feel really alone right now and upset over feeling so horrible all the time. I've tried to get up and walk around to see if it is trapped wind in hopes that it would move "down & out" if you know what I mean. It didn't work though. The pain is all over my stomach now- upper, lower and middle. So painful.

My fiancé just got back from the market and brought a steak home for dinner which I really like so I'm gonna try to eat some when he cooks in a little bit.

I've been having slight feelings of having to make a BM but I don't really need to.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

just remember, the more anxious you are, you'll be analysing all the feelings you may have and they'll build up in your head to be worse than they perhaps are, just take it easy, keep distracting yourself and maybe even give yourself a tummy massage, clockwise direction :-) Do you have probiatic yogurt drinks such as actimel or yakult, i always find they soothe my tummy when i having tummy ache (even if its in my head!) lol x

No, unfortunately I have nothing like that. Tomorrow though I'm actually calling my doctor to see which probiotic he recommends because the ones I take now are just some old generic brand that probably don't do much. I also want to look into taking Vitamin B6 because it's supposed to be really good for you as well and it has anti-nausea properties because I was told to take it during pregnancy for morning sickness.

Anyways, I've gotten a little off topic lol. I ended up making a BM and it was normal and relieved some of the pain but not all of it. I'm starting to feel more nauseous now which I don't like. Does rubbing your stomach in a clockwise direction really help? It's always worried me because I thought it made things worse. Thank you again for your replies.
    My Mantra:

no, it won't make you worse, the worst it can do is give you trapped wind but it can't make you sick, just do it gently.

Its really frustrating for us emets that anxiety itself causes stomach pain which creates more anxiety, a vicious cycle! but if we can at least soothe the pains we have it helps a little. I've always found wheatgrass jucie can help to settle me but to be honest, some of its just psychological and i can't always tell whats real and whats not! lol

Hope you enjoy your steak and have a relaxing evening, bedtime for me! :-)

I did manage to eat some dinner but it didn't make my stomach feel any better. I've been laying in bed ALL day with this now. I woke up around 8 and it's now 8 at night.. 12 hours of pain! So aggravating! I'm going to take a sleep aid tonight to help me get a good night's sleep since my fiance has kept me up 2 nights in a row with his snoring! Lol.

I just wish this pain would go away. It hurts terribly
    My Mantra:

I'm about to freak out! My stomach is KILLING me still. Like literally KILLING. It hurts so bad I'm so scared!
    My Mantra:

Hi there hope you are doing better now...sounds like indigestion to me, along with acid. I know I had bad indigestion earlier I rubbed my tummy with a lil force in a counter clockwise motion and bam all that gas was relieved and I felt better! Do you have any ginger? That will help!

Could it maybe be from lack of sleep or constipation? I totally get that way in either scenario. Try to calm yourself as much as possible. I find self hypnosis helps me (there's some decent ones out there free on the Internet, just google it). Hope youre feeling better soon.

girl, i've had the same pain in my stomach since xmas day.......mine feels like a gas pain next to my belly button....stays in the same spot but sometimes hurts so bad it's hard to stand up straight.......no n or fever, regular bms......just this weird pain......it might go away for a few hours but then it's back......i've tried everything.....i'm thinking it might be time to see the dr......ughhhhh.
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by olschesky View Post
    girl, i've had the same pain in my stomach since xmas day.......mine feels like a gas pain next to my belly button....stays in the same spot but sometimes hurts so bad it's hard to stand up straight.......no n or fever, regular bms......just this weird pain......it might go away for a few hours but then it's back......i've tried everything.....i'm thinking it might be time to see the dr......ughhhhh.

I'd go get that checked. Is it more right or left side?? It sounds like it could be your appendix. Don't let that freak you out. My hubby just had his out 3 weeks ago. Easy peasy, very little pain and quick recovery. Get it checked though. It's scary, but if you don't you could end up much much much worse. Hope all works out ok.

I woke up this morning with no pain thank god! I'm a little nauseous but that's nothing new for me. I usually go through my days with some nausea.

Patty- might not be a bad idea to see your doctor. I went to mine when I was having this pain really bad and consistently and he didn't find anything but hopefully it turns out to be nothing for you as well!
    My Mantra:

i did call the drs office today......and they are closed....booooo.....will try again tomorrow....i'm just tired of this pain......thank god it's not causing an anxiety for me

jordan.....hope today was good for you
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

omg the exact same thing is happening to me!! wind pain for 2 days. and sometimes it moves around to my back area. im not due for my period and i woke up this morning with tummy ache. its gone away but im feeling a bit bluh. this pain has been stresssing me out chornically and i took an anti emetic a couple of days ago and i dont know if im just constipated from it. just had a bm though, and it was normal. aarrghh wtf?! i know how frustrating it is. mine feels like trapped wind but its eased off a bit oday. it ony took days though!! can trapped wind really hang around for that long?? but i think like mine, yours will settle down as well. it doesnt help that we work ourselves up as well
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

@patty- i hope when you call they can get you in quickly. I ended up having an okay day yesterday. Really emotional and PMSing which caused Todd and i to argue. But of course we made up. I just hope i can fget more things done today that I've been putting off due to anxiety.

@Emma- we totally do work ourselves up over little things that turn out to be nothing. I cant wait to start going back to therapy again because when im actively in therapy, i tend to worry less.
    My Mantra: