Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Please help me....need advice/support!!

Hiya all, I was just wondering if anybody else analyzes and gets panicy about stomach noises/feeling?! I would also like to know how fellow emets deal with actually v* it absolutley terrifies me, I'm petrified of it, I sweat, shake, cry uncontrollably. I HATE being like this but my thoughts seem to fight each other. Please help me, any support or advice is really needed!! Thank you

Default Re: Please help me....need advice/support!!

Yes I'm hyper-aware of any noise, pain, or movement anywhere in my abdomen. I try to distract myself because I know if I pay too much attention, it'll put me in a full blown panic attack. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Your second question - I don't deal with vomiting. I am absolutely terrified and freak out, like you. If I could learn to deal with it, I'm pretty sure my emetophobia wouldn't be an issue.

I live in constant fear/worry/panic and anxiety its seriously ruining my life and I'm not sure what to do, I've had CBT and I have anti anxiety pills but nothing seems to work. How do u cope and deal with everyday life? X

Cara, I can totally related. I'm a mess, too and I am especially a mess between the months of December - April. I guess because of the higher chance of getting a sv and the close, indoor contact with others. I don't know how to control these feelings either. It's so difficult, isn't it??